High School Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
The ladies win their season opener 5-2! A great game defensively and a couple of the new varsity players looked 👍! I don't know why but I get really excited about HS softball! There is something about fans in the stands instead of just parents, the HS boys chanting random stuff, some parents who act like it is 10U, old-timers from town speculating about the team, etc... that makes it fun.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
We have lost back2back district games on walk-off's. Sunday was a make-up game that was orginally called in the top of the 4th with us up 1-0 three weeks ago (we are visitors). Anyway, we start over. :mad: We take it to the bottom of the 9th (no ITB) and go up 1, and they come back and get runners on 2/3 on a BB and error and hit a bloop single that scores both and we lose 6-5, with 2 outs on a 3-2 pitch.

Last night, up the entire game but holding on to a tenuous 3-2 lead in the bottom of the 7th, and BAM, 2-run walk-off HR, lose 4-3. Kids are bummed and hanging heads, starting to place blame on each other. DD has been struggling hitting the ball hard, but still hitting .500, but it's tough to watch right now. Only have 1 varsity pitcher and she has improved a ton since last year, but her arm is getting tired, and we are not even 1/2 through the district. (She was tired yesterday and gave up the first 2 long balls all year).

:)

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2012
4 games into the season and we are currently undefeated. We've had more than our fair share of early season injuries but everyone is healing nicely and aside from one of our catchers should be back next week.
Last night we played the worst team in our division and unlike most teams who beat them 35-0 our coach played mostly JV players and pitched our #3 most of the game, he asked the varsity girls who else wanted to pitch and my DD said she did. She thought he was joking when he told her to warm up, she thought he was joking when he told her to take the mound. She struck out 3, gave up a couple of unearned runs as the JV players were all on the field and there was a bunch of errors but she did really well considering she hadn't pitched in over 6 years. The other team said they had a blast and loved the fact that we made the game fun for them.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I know the weather/region impacts the start dates but it still seems strange that some teams are just now getting rolling. We have played 28 games so far and are sitting 19-8-1.

For the ones in the northern climates, How many games will the teams wind up playing? With 28 behind us we have 4 games left plus three tourneys during the regular season. The gives us a minimum of 14 games even if we lose out. The way they have played so far we should get a few wins in the tournaments and extra games. Throw in the post season and we should advance out of our area to regional's so that is about 5 more games at a minimum. We could easily play 50 games. Hopefully it 55 or so because that would get us in the state finals or close.

Mar 29, 2017
I know the weather/region impacts the start dates but it still seems strange that some teams are just now getting rolling. We have played 28 games so far and are sitting 19-8-1.

For the ones in the northern climates, How many games will the teams wind up playing? With 28 behind us we have 4 games left plus three tourneys during the regular season. The gives us a minimum of 14 games even if we lose out. The way they have played so far we should get a few wins in the tournaments and extra games. Throw in the post season and we should advance out of our area to regional's so that is about 5 more games at a minimum. We could easily play 50 games. Hopefully it 55 or so because that would get us in the state finals or close.

I think a big part of it is it seems some regions have tournaments on weekends, in addition to the weather. Where I am, we don't. Only tournaments are TB. No school tournaments. 20 game schedule plus playoffs. I doubt we go very far in playoffs.

I don't live anywhere near BobInMadison, haha.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
We have lost back2back district games on walk-off's. Sunday was a make-up game that was orginally called in the top of the 4th with us up 1-0 three weeks ago (we are visitors). Anyway, we start over. :mad: We take it to the bottom of the 9th (no ITB) and go up 1, and they come back and get runners on 2/3 on a BB and error and hit a bloop single that scores both and we lose 6-5, with 2 outs on a 3-2 pitch.

Last night, up the entire game but holding on to a tenuous 3-2 lead in the bottom of the 7th, and BAM, 2-run walk-off HR, lose 4-3. Kids are bummed and hanging heads, starting to place blame on each other. DD has been struggling hitting the ball hard, but still hitting .500, but it's tough to watch right now. Only have 1 varsity pitcher and she has improved a ton since last year, but her arm is getting tired, and we are not even 1/2 through the district. (She was tired yesterday and gave up the first 2 long balls all year).

:)
That's a tough way to lose two!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN

We aren't that far north but TN limits regular season game numbers to 34. However, tournaments only count as four games no matter how many you play per tourney. We will probably get in about 35-38 games before post season begins.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA