Help with choice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 31, 2010
I've been playing for St. Andouille's HS for 3 years. I throw 65MPH and have a pretty good rise-screw. I was set on going to Arizona, but then I got a perfect score on the math section of the SAT:eek:, and now MIT's coach has asked me to play there. My Dad says I should play at Arizona and that MIT is too far away. Going to MIT has always been a dream of mine.

Do you have any ideas about what I should do?

April
Go Gnats!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
If you have not verballed to AZ. I think that Candrea has all of his recruits either signed or verballed through 2010 and 2011. At least that is what he said in Dec. I guess that maybe Bri's death opened up a scholarship, though, but she was a sophomore.

If you were my DD and you have an offer from MIT and no offer from AZ., I would take the "bird in hand."

A degree from MIT, would open many doors that a degree from U of AZ. won't.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
If MIT is offering a good scholarship then it sounds like an excellent opportunity for you. Remember college is about education, not sports, so MIT is an exceptional choice.

Jan 27, 2010
If MIT has always been a dream of yours, I believe that should be your choice. Softball can provide an education, but an education will provide you a future. Softball is great but its' life span is limited and a good education in the field you desire will last you forever.The education you want should be your priority.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Yep, I agree with the majority - MIT

This is YOUR life you are talking about now. Explain your decision to your Dad and hopefully he will understand.

Oct 28, 2009
I've been playing for St. Andouille's HS for 3 years. I throw 65MPH and have a pretty good rise-screw. I was set on going to Arizona, but then I got a perfect score on the math section of the SAT:eek:, and now MIT's coach has asked me to play there. My Dad says I should play at Arizona and that MIT is too far away. Going to MIT has always been a dream of mine.

Do you have any ideas about what I should do?

April
Go Gnats!

It was a good idea, but if you're going to create a new saint, naming him after a sausage doesn't seem all that creative. Surely the people in this forum can improve upon it. And the Gnats?
But the selection of "April" is good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619