Hayley 13U Game Swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 10, 2010
Been awhile since I have posted anything.

Hayley hit two monster shots today at a 14U "A" tournament. I don't know how to slow them down to post them here, but in slow motion on my computer, I am at a point where it is hard for me to see what she can improve. All I know is we worked hard in the off season on a lot of stuff and it seems to be paying off after she shakes off the rust. Her biggest problem now is patience. She swings at a lot of really low stuff that she shouldn't be. Not sure what the cure for that is.

So, for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRa16mGlZyY

If you see anything for improvement please let me know.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2010
Nice swing. The one thing I would fix is to get her driving into a stiff front leg, she is losing power by keeping a flexed front leg.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2008
Tough to see improvements when looking at the same swing twice......;)

Do you have another swing?

Been awhile since I have posted anything.

Hayley hit two monster shots today at a 14U "A" tournament. I don't know how to slow them down to post them here, but in slow motion on my computer, I am at a point where it is hard for me to see what she can improve. All I know is we worked hard in the off season on a lot of stuff and it seems to be paying off after she shakes off the rust. Her biggest problem now is patience. She swings at a lot of really low stuff that she shouldn't be. Not sure what the cure for that is.

So, for your viewing pleasure.

I don't know if you can tell from the videos, but it was extremely windy today. She hit both of these INTO very gusty wind. If not for the wind, she would have had an easy home run on the 1st one.

YouTube - Hayley Stand Up Triple 05-08-10.mp4

And this one was a HUGE shot down the LF side. Unfortunately, the wind blew it just foul. This one was bigger than the one to CF.

YouTube - Hayley Bomb LF 5-08-10.mp4

If you see anything for improvement please let me know.

Jan 10, 2010
That's embarressing. I thought I trimmed two seperate videos. I guess I didn't do the other one or I didn't up load it.

Good eye. Boardmember

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hard to watch that fast, but looks good. The only things I would say is same as crankermo, drive into a harder front leg, and also I would say extend more. Looks a little short at contact and follow through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug