Has this method of bunting been tried?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
I guess my humor didn't come through in my reply to SBdad...that's the problem with quick replies - you can't use smiley faces!

I'll post a video soon of my daughter practicing it.

Sep 11, 2009
Mesa Arizona
We have our girls on 14u Club team put right foot in middle of plate for all batting situations(Except Slappers) so that if they do get a bunt call the square after pitch is released and if it dies by their feet it's fair. If they are back It's foul. It works out well for us because the other coach has no clue when we are bunting.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
I haven't had my daughter try the method I've described except for our individual practices. I'm planning on having her try it this fall since all the games we'll be playing are local non-tournament games. I guess as a batter gets comfortable with this technique she could really screw with the infield and shift up (later in the game after successfully using the bunt, or later in an at-bat where she first shows bunt) and hit away (as opposed to slap hit) instead.

Shift-bunt, shift-hit, shift-bunt... sounds like it could be the new softball dance craze - I just need to find the appropriate music!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877