Has anyone made a dugout org tool to hang helmets and whatnot on?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 6, 2013
I've got one of those fancy plasma tables that cuts out designs and what not from computer generated images. I made my daughters each one with their initials that hung on the fence where they could put bats, helmets, and gloves on. Now they just hang their backpack bags on the fence and use them. They worked great when we were still in rec and they didn't have matching bags and the like.

Dec 18, 2012
Our 12U softball team uses something called the Dugout Buddy which seems similar to the Dom in a prior post. Softball Dugout Organizer Sports Equipmet Holder I think it as about $16/each or $13/each if ordered for the team. Comes in different colors and we have ordered stickers with the players numbers and stickers with the team logo to affix to them. There are holes on them that are perfect to put a clip hook through so we did one hook on each one so the girls can clip it to their bags. Requires chain link fence but that's never been a problem. (Note that this is more of a spread it out solution than a single rack that holds everything solution.) Each one holds glove, face mask, bat, water bottle. (My DD is a catcher and unfortunately it doesn't help with all that gear!) But overall we've had ours for two years and it has held up great.
Edit: I should say that it works great at our tournaments. In middle school ball where we play on high school fields we find that often there are not chain link fences in the dugout so it is no use there.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2008
These work as well as anything for just hanging up helmets. Cheap too.

S-Hook

6e816379-7c40-4fb4-b6a4-b4bd709d50c9_300.jpg

Jun 21, 2010
DD's team ordered these for the girls. For bat and helmet. Most used them. Different org this year so this is in the garage.

Attachments

• bathelmethanger.jpg
    bathelmethanger.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 150
May 24, 2013
So Cal
This is the one we use. It is $200+ (you can find it cheaper than from their website) but worth every cent. Mine is 3 years old and has gone through many, many teams and though it is dirty, it is still showing no signs of issues.

https://www.thebenchcoach.com/

I haven't tripped over any equipment since I bought it and everyone knows where their stuff is at all times.

Maybe you could build something similar.

I like this. Watching girls scamper around trying to find their gear when it's time to bat or hit the field frustrates me to no end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom