Hand Speed vs Bat Speed thru the swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
I call it an "rotational point", the hands/forearms, along with the back hip being an rotational point.

So the two of them set up a deep rotational point.

Thanks. How long does it stay rotational? Until contact? After contact? Or is there a linear motion at some point after the initial rotation to get the barrel to the ball with whip? Thanks again appreciate the input.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Thanks. How long does it stay rotational? Until contact? After contact? Or is there a linear motion at some point after the initial rotation to get the barrel to the ball with whip? Thanks again appreciate the input.

It's not really linear "after" initial rotation, it's linear before rotation.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Not that it matters........

It's (hands path) 'rotational' then it's 'linear'.......
Then its linear unless its an inside FB. Then it might just continue to rotate and get linear after contact.

Also the 90 degree to the top hand forearm is a approximation. It is adjustable. Also the angle become slightly more acute due to loose grip at launch and create lag/whip. Its not a lot but it's there. Can a hitter have to loose grip? yep! Too tight? absolutely. Tinkering with different grips and grip pressures with a sensor can help increase bat speed.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Then its linear unless its an inside FB. Then it might just continue to rotate and get linear after contact.

Also the 90 degree to the top hand forearm is a approximation. It is adjustable. Also the angle become slightly more acute due to loose grip at launch and create lag/whip. Its not a lot but it's there. Can a hitter have to loose grip? yep! Too tight? absolutely. Tinkering with different grips and grip pressures with a sensor can help increase bat speed.

Agree with the grip quotes. I have variables that I allow with the grip...measuring pressures would be useful. What gadget do you use to do that?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Depends on what your asking, are you asking about hand path or the body? Are you asking about body rotation?

I just call it a rotational point. That doesn't mean it's a unmovable point.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

I think I understand your post better.

No it's not an immovable rotational point. For example the back hip rotation point moves to the front hip during the swing. So no, it's not an immovable point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad