Halloween Brag 10-31

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Who's still playing? Is it too cold in some areas already? We play in Birmingham in the USSSA fall world series next weekend and it's supposed to be high 70s/low 80s. In November. Awesome.

Anyway...what did they get up to this weekend that's brag worthy? Do me a favor, post videos if you have them. We've had 2 weekends off. I'd love to watch some softball. :p

Mar 7, 2012
PA
We played this weekend and it was low 70s in SE Pennsylvania. I'll take that especially since last weekend we played in weather that was 40 windy and rainy. Out girls played in a Halloween friendly went 2-1, we were excited they run ruled the beat that beat us on a walk off last time we played them. Shows how much progress they are making. Now its time for us to move indoors.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD played in two rec games on Sat. One was for her 12U team - she pitched 3 innings and had 5 strike outs - they won which puts their record to 10-1-1 (with one game left this weekend before the end of season tourney)

The game after us was between our two Senior teams (14-18 year) and one team was missing a few girls so they asked 3 of our 12U girls to play with them. DD went 2 for 2 with hits to the outfield (got an RBI and scored a run). The girls from her team that played contributed to 1/2 of the runs the team scored :)

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My Dd's team is still playing. Triple header yesterday, she was in urgent care on Saturday and was unable to play. Should be ready to go next weekend.

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
Played in the CHOA tournament in Atlanta, undefeated all weekend and won our berth to USA Elite Select World Fastpitch Championship in Kansas. She pitched 3 out of 7 games including the championship game. It was a very exciting weekend and we are so proud of this team!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
After last week's Rising Stars showcase we were local this weekend where we beat up on a couple of teams which I was worried about since I thought we might take them lightly.

Also the 4 good teams we beat at the Rising Stars went a combined 16-5 at D9 so feeling good about that as well. Always good to know you belong at the level you are trying to play.

And we are scheduled to play through Dec 18th.... and we have two showcases in early January. it is good to live in Florida

Jul 15, 2016
Played an ASA (10U) and DD threw her first no hitter. The girls played great D for her!! She was less aware of what she had done :rolleyes:. Ended up 2nd in the tourney.

Jul 14, 2010
Played our first tourney with our new team. 80 degrees in PA. To level set, last team my DD didn't play on Sunday. DD caught first two games on Saturday and game on Sunday. We placed 3rd of 12 in pool play at 2 and 1 due to low runs against. DD was 3 for 6, plus two walks with 3 RBIs for the weekend. Two RBI's were on Sunday and were the only runs we scored. Keeping it real - 1 K looking... hoping the weather cooperates for one more round robin next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Wish I had something to brag about. But my pitching has been off since my daughter's "homerun" on Oct 15. I've had other people go out and try with little success. I know I'm thinking too much and I get mad at myself. Doesn't help I'm 6'3 and most of these girls are under 4 foot. Between innings on Saturday I let the player in the position take my warm up throws. Down the heart of the plate. I laughed told her she should be pitching and I'll go sit down.

Jun 12, 2015
Wish I had something to brag about. But my pitching has been off since my daughter's "homerun" on Oct 15. I've had other people go out and try with little success. I know I'm thinking too much and I get mad at myself. Doesn't help I'm 6'3 and most of these girls are under 4 foot. Between innings on Saturday I let the player in the position take my warm up throws. Down the heart of the plate. I laughed told her she should be pitching and I'll go sit down.

That's so frustrating. I can remember those phases in 8U where the coach just couldn't get the pitch in there, the girls are having to swing over their heads because he's missing the zone and it's their last pitch. haha. At least for us, it always passed eventually! Good luck :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma