Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
OMG, like that Chip Gaines guy. They stopped the TV show because it was obtrusive to their lives and they want family time.
Excuse me, that show made you millionaires and you don't even work on the homes you do anymore. When you saw him on the show,
that was all the time he was there. Just then the show was obtrusive, but it was ok the money they were pulling in at the time. Then after they stopped, oh, lets do another show...haha. So yeah, you care about TV being
in your lives so much that you went back into one and I believe they bought a network or something. I cant stand fake people
and most of the reality stuff. Once I get turned off by something, never again will I watch

Im with ya MIB, that's why I like ID network, more documentary stuff. But I also like the bigfoot stuff, because its real :)

LOL ... I started to put something in about them, but deleted it. I had an instructor for an emergency management class who was from that area ... everything you think is right, but it doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of how fake it is. So much deeper, from the properties they flip to the people who work on the show.

I‘ve seen ghosts and UFOs, but never a bigfoot. (There goes my credibility!)

May 29, 2015
Exactly why I made my post about the Maine Cabin Masters, these fishing cabins are GREATLY improved!!

Yes, but did you get to see the hosts take their kids to high-end private daycares, drive around in luxury vehicles, and talk to the contractors (who are actually doing the work) about how much money they are going to lose now that they have to fix the life- or health-threatening hazard they just uncovered?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yes, but did you get to see the hosts take their kids to high-end private daycares, drive around in luxury vehicles, and talk to the contractors (who are actually doing the work) about how much money they are going to lose now that they have to fix the life- or health-threatening hazard they just uncovered?
Nothing like that, this isn't some fancy schmancy high end show, these are some rough Mainers who are actually doing the work......on the show. Yeah I'm sure there's some "behind the scenes" going on, but it can't be much seeing that some renovations are just $20,000. And every vehicle I've seen on the show is a pickup covered in mud.

So are you talking about mold & asbestos? Man you are an umpire aren't you Mr. buzzkill ;) Watch the show once, if you don't like it come on back and tell me how much sucked! The reason I like it so much is it's NOTHING like other home improvement shows!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

hahaha, like all the flip shows or love it or list it., house hunters...all fake BS. All scripted in. People already living in the houses they
are "searching" for, all the problems they uncover EVERY episode...haha

May 29, 2015
Nothing like that, this isn't some fancy schmancy high end show, these are some rough Mainers who are actually doing the work......on the show. Yeah I'm sure there's some "behind the scenes" going on, but it can't be much seeing that some renovations are just $20,000. And every vehicle I've seen on the show is a pickup covered in mud.

So are you talking about mold & asbestos? Man you are an umpire aren't you Mr. buzzkill ;) Watch the show once, if you don't like it come on back and tell me how much sucked! The reason I like it so much is it's NOTHING like other home improvement shows!

Mold, asbestos, faulty electrical, foundations about to collapse, floors rotting through, missing support columns ... what is with the government and the peasantry! Can't they see my kids need another cruise vacation! I will never be able to afford that if I actually bring the house up to code! :p

Honestly, I probably better not watch it. It will just make me long even more for that remote cabin in the middle of nowhere.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Honestly, I probably better not watch it. It will just make me long even more for that remote cabin in the middle of nowhere.
And that's exactly what these are, some are shoe box fishing camps on little islands that only accessible by boat! Again, this is the exact reason I like this show, the scenery and remoteness!

Some are not much bigger than a couple of pickups parked side by side and the structure can't be worth $10,000, but the view and the land is priceless, and there has to be thousands of these camps there. Families, dads and their buddies have been drinking and fishing in these camps for a hundred years!

Jan 8, 2019
Almost no one watches tv for reality; it's for the escape from reality.

A HS classmate of mine was somehow involved with the "Finding Bigfoot" show (producer or something).

Spoiler alert, he says it's all fake. However, he says there are some true believers on the show.""

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
AD, I will tend to bet, those mud truck driving cabin fixers arent so run of the mill, middle class, working types off the cameras...haha. BUT, thats just a guess as every single show likes to convey that so people watch.
If they are, good for them.

I dont wanna ruin your show with our pessimism though :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I dont wanna ruin your show with our pessimism though :)
Well thank you Core! I was thinking about these post last night, I just mentioned I liked Maine Cabin Masters, it’s different! But in all reality I could give a crap what they do or how they live off camera, so I’ll continue to watch it until I get tired of it!

And for car shows, my favorite is Iron Resurrection, let the beatings begin with this one now, I can take it!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Hahahahahaha, nah, we already bashed one show of yours, I dont want to do it again as
its Saturday and trying optimistic for the rest of the day :)

I take a ton of beatings on my Bigfoot shows, so I like to dish it out when I can...haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi