Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Does anyone here remember or better yet, still have a Hibachi? I just came across my really old, cast iron, foldable Hibachi grill and am planning on giving it a go one of these upcoming weekends. It's not quite as easy as turning the knobs on my gas grill but it's pretty simple and works great, especially now that the DW and I are "empty nesters" with the DD's in college. Any favorites recipes or foods that you liked on the Hibachi.
I have no experience with a hibachi grill...but my brother does. He makes fajitas and stuff on his. When I'm at home, I've broken out an old cast iron skillet and heated it directly in the coals if we had the old Weber fired up and cut up flank steak, green peppers, jalapenos, and onions and make fajitas that way. Were also talking about firing up the firepit out back and roasting hotdogs and making s'mores depending on what football game airs Saturday night (too bad it's not #10 Penn State @ #4 Michigan).

May 20, 2015
One time at a tournament here in OK the guys who were supposed to be taking care of the field were caught smoking meth in the equipment shed...

Wait, you said freakers not tweakers..my bad (true story btw..)

similar gene pools

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I don’t hunt (putting a gun anywhere near me would be a horrible mistake) but I eat and antelope chili sounds GOOD.

I didn't grow up around guns. My Dad had a couple revolvers for "home security" but that was about it. It wasn't until I was in my mid to late 20's that I got into shooting and hunting. And it wasn't until I moved out here that I've gotten more into archery hunting.

Chili at our house is a staple this time of the year. My wife has a non-smoked version that includes sweet potato and it's just as good. And with grocery meat prices the way they are, having the Antelope and Whitetail meat in the freezer is nice.

Elk chili is also really good and might be my favorite "game meat" overall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan