Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
As I'm riding the ferry to Rhode Island for a tournament in Massachusetts with my younger daughter. The remnant rains of Ian will most likely wash us out.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
These two guys dad used to send us down there with a project in mind, we’d leave on Thursday night, work (and drink) all day on Friday, play golf on Saturday, get up on Sunday and clean up, lock up, and leave. Then we’d play 9 at the same course we always played 9 at on Sunday’s….and then come home.

Some of the best times of my life! So basically 4 solid days without sleep!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My last trip down there was July 4th week in 2003. We had 36 holes a day scheduled 3 out of 5 days with 18 scheduled the other two days. Some of the guys added 18 more on the 4th, but it was too much for me. It was 95° at 9:00 AM with wicked storms every afternoon.

There was a lot of beer consumed that week.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I grew up in MA and have never heard of it 😂. Looks right near Amherst, my brother went to UMass Amherst.
It's nowhere near Amherst, actually. It's pretty close to Foxborough and Taunton, which always makes me think of The Empire Strikes Back. It's a small town just east of the NE corner of RI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish