Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Me? I just wanted a car which didn't catch fire in the middle of the road or had the lights and horn start going off randomly in a rain storm in PA when I was visiting Penn State to talk to the baseball coach..My old man used to buy used cars..
I didnt say I had one...damn...I still want one. But of course it would have to go in the garage to get
the horsepower up to where a car that looks like that deserves to be.

I mean, the fire thing would probably be pretty exciting :)

Jun 8, 2016
I have those...but the market took a big pile of sh!t many years back

Once they started coming out with 50 diff brands and 1000 subsets to make one complete set,
no thanks
I stopped collecting when I was 13 or 14, so 1987/88? I only really collected Topps..never liked Donruss or Fleer.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Technically you're correct because of the oil embargo. But I think muscle cars really went away after 1971 with the US Environment Protection Agency's new crack down and restrictions on emissions!
I agree with that. Combine the emission control crap with increased body weight and lower HP and that era was over. I hated the look of the Mustangs after '72...long and slow. "73 Camaro was the last year that had any style (for years). Had a few cars from that early era. In Western NY if you had a decent street machine it got put on blocks for the winter and you'd drive a winter beater till the snow and salt was off the road. My first beater was a baby blue & white Plymouth Belvedere station wagon with a push button shifter on the dash. Thing was a whale, cost me $75 and came with an extra set of snows. Good times!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
First off us actually having a discussion between a 1969 year model and a 1976/77/78 smog car is pretty dumb! Let's talk about guns.....or gloves! :cool:
Actually it's semi timely given the current econ/social climate surrounding transportation. But yeah, the Glory Days were just that...still I loved those cars. Very thankful and blessed to survive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors