Grip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
A couple of people pm'd me for a photo of the grip.

This is one of Howards students so I will let him explain grip.

Straightleg

Attachments

• IMG00023-20100107-1037.jpg
    IMG00023-20100107-1037.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG00023-20100107-1037.jpg
    IMG00023-20100107-1037.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 173
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Here is Albert with the hook of the index finger and a team usa player / same grip as Howards's student.

Team USA player - plays with Crystal.
Howard and Crystal do clinics.
They have the same grip.
My daughter has the same grip. Funny how all that works together. :)
I wonder if Albert was talking with Crystal?

Straightleg

Attachments

• Keeping lead arm closer to body.jpg
    Keeping lead arm closer to body.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 191
  • grip (2).jpg
    grip (2).jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
A couple of people pm'd me for a photo of the grip.

This is one of Howards students so I will let him explain grip.

Straightleg

We teach how to hold the bat in the top hand so the bat is not located in the back of the hand where the index finger and thumb meet.

We want the bat angled from the index finger pad across the hand in the top hand and so the index finger looks like a hook so to speak and the thumb is not resting on the index finger or clamped down on it.

Bottom hand the bat is held in the area where the fingers meet at the palm of the hand and then the thumb can rest over the index finger.

The knuckles will be off set a little so the top hand knuckles as a right handed hitter will be offset to my wedding ring a little.

To test for does it make a difference.

Come to your POC (point of contact) and stop and have some someone gently push rearward on your bat and see if you can offer resistance with your grip.

Now try what we described and you should be able to feel the difference in my opinion.

In my opinion you will feel the transition of the bat from connection to bat lag is much easier to control.

Thanks Howard

Last edited:

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
If grip wasn't important Easton wouldn't be making the Turbo Slot Gloves. The kids could feel and hear the difference last night in the cage.

Dan

In my opinion they never read the instructions as they place the bat on the pad verses pinch the pad with the thumb to the index finger and then the bat is out in front of the index finger pad automatically.

Howard

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
So True. It never fails I have to show them how to use them and then you ask did you read the instructions? You get this lost puppy look. I bought a pair so I had the instructions and could show kids how they work. It hurt my feelings to spend money on an Easton product!.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC