GoPro Etiquette

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2016
I just post the entire games in YouTube, I make them unlisted (non-public) and I send the link to parents that request it.

I do that, too. They still want the stuff clipped out. I spoiled them doing highlights that I'll post on the team's facebook page sometimes.

Aug 11, 2016
I do that, too. They still want the stuff clipped out. I spoiled them doing highlights that I'll post on the team's facebook page sometimes.

I tell them.... you have a few options, you can actually download software that allows you to clip whatever you want, or you can go to the clip you want, hold your phone in front of the screen and record the clip with your phone. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2014
I've recorded all of my DD's travel games for the past 3 years and posted on YouTube. Have almost 180 games. Never once had a parent ask to not record. Have had parents asking me if it recorded them talking :) And many who wanted to link to view.
I use a cheap knock off ($30) GoPro but the quality is pretty good.
What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBb0xljmrl8

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Curious if it does record sound.. One of the teams we played against this weekend had it set up and I was sitting right under it. I'm not sure if I said anything overly bad about the other team though ;)
I might have commented on how many of their girls had a foot outside the batter's box though...

Jun 12, 2015
Curious if it does record sound.. One of the teams we played against this weekend had it set up and I was sitting right under it. I'm not sure if I said anything overly bad about the other team though ;)
I might have commented on how many of their girls had a foot outside the batter's box though...

When we post whole games we always cut out the sound just to be safe. The highlights we leave it in but we always watch before we post to make sure there's nothing that we need to cut out.

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
I've recorded all of my DD's travel games for the past 3 years and posted on YouTube. Have almost 180 games. Never once had a parent ask to not record. Have had parents asking me if it recorded them talking :) And many who wanted to link to view.
I use a cheap knock off ($30) GoPro but the quality is pretty good.
What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBb0xljmrl8

What camera do you use for this video? really good quality

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri

Some of the most fun I've ever had is listening to the backstop parents conversations after the game. I always warn them that it's there. They just can't seem to help themselves. :)

Feb 17, 2014
I record my DD's team, but highlights and give them to the coach for posting on the team's recruiting website.

I have to cut the sound out of the clips. The camera picks up everything. There are some interesting conversations that go on between parents at times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414