Gophers v. UNLV

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 3, 2014
Yep, my kid and I are watching USA soccer, and following the Gopher game online.

Sep 18, 2011
Just your average, ho-hum Gopher road trip:

02/06/15 vs. Washington Las Vegas, Nev. W, 8-0 (5)
vs. CSU Bakersfield Las Vegas, Nev. W, 9-1 (5)
02/07/15 vs. UC Davis Las Vegas, Nev. W, 15-6 (6)
vs. Louisville Las Vegas, Nev. W, 4-2
02/08/15 at UNLV Las Vegas, Nev. W, 14-3 (5)

My guess is that when the next rankings are released, the Gophers will still be ranked behind Washington. The left coast bias is too strong.

Mar 26, 2013
My guess is that when the next rankings are released, the Gophers will still be ranked behind Washington. The left coast bias is too strong.
Well Olaf, you'll be wrong - again. ;) Funny to hear you complain about bias since people out here have complained about East Coast bias in every other sport and now SEC bias. You're a victim all the way around...

How many innings do you think Groenewegen can throw this year without being worn out before postseason - can she do a Moulton-esque 250-278? Who is going to help shoulder the load - Anderson and/or Stober?

Sep 18, 2011
How many innings do you think Groenewegen can throw this year without being worn out before postseason - can she do a Moulton-esque 250-278? Who is going to help shoulder the load - Anderson and/or Stober?

Groenewegen is so good, when her right arm begins to tire, she'll pitch left handed just to give the other team a sporting chance.

Not to mention the fact that the Gophers usually have 10 run leads by the 3rd inning, so she really won't need to pitch a lot of innings this year.

AND let me tell you something else, by season's end both SoCal Dad and JJ will publicly declare, on this very website, that the Gophers are, in fact, not only the best college softball team in the country, but that they are the greatest team ever assembled. In any sport. EVER!! Tired of being sheepish, diffident and circumspect - Olaf is coming at you with STRAIGHT FIRE this year. YOUBETCHA!! :)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2013
Atta boy, Olaf! However, I had hoped you could also be DFP's resident Minnie and B1G expert instead of just a rabid fan.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W

I talked to a friend of mine that watched the UW/MN game. He said MN is the real deal, however he didn't think that their pitching beyond Sara Groenewegen was very strong. Your argument that MN will still be ranked behind UW is silly. UW will most likely fall out of the top 25 in a short while, because they just do not have the strength in the circle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad