Google Search Bar

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

VA Chris

Actually Read the Rules
Jun 13, 2013
Some field, Somewhere
Folks
When I open the DFP website the page displays almost completely. Long enough for me to read some thread titles and attempt to click on an interesting option.

The trouble comes in on the click. Just about the time I go to select my title of interest, the screen adjusts and I end up clicking on some random location on the screen.

Why does this happen?
Due to the delay in load time from the "Google Custom Search" bar the website has a lag in loading. Since you are referring to an external search engine the lag is due to the delay in the link connecting and authenticating itself.

Perhaps a poll is needed to find out how many users actually find this Google search option necessary. Personally, if I am on DFP I want to search this forum for info. I am perfectly capable of selecting Google as a search engine and querying all on my own for external searches. If this function is removed, you will most likely find faster download times for your users and remove a seldom used option.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Folks
When I open the DFP website the page displays almost completely. Long enough for me to read some thread titles and attempt to click on an interesting option.

The trouble comes in on the click. Just about the time I go to select my title of interest, the screen adjusts and I end up clicking on some random location on the screen.

Why does this happen?
Due to the delay in load time from the "Google Custom Search" bar the website has a lag in loading. Since you are referring to an external search engine the lag is due to the delay in the link connecting and authenticating itself.

Perhaps a poll is needed to find out how many users actually find this Google search option necessary. Personally, if I am on DFP I want to search this forum for info. I am perfectly capable of selecting Google as a search engine and querying all on my own for external searches. If this function is removed, you will most likely find faster download times for your users and remove a seldom used option.

Same problem here. Don't need Google search embedded.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The google search function within DFP makes it much easier to find old posts/topics than the DFP search box or a conventional Google search (i.e., initiated outside of DFP). The change to 'embed' it was a major improvement IMO.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Sorry just saw this one. Greenmonsters is right. The Google search is internal to the DFP, not an external search. And it's a huge improvement over the search engine built into vBulletin. You couldn't find anything with that, even if you had a flashlight and a pick axe handy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13