Glove webs, what’s everyone’s favorite?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
That single post is unique for sure. I am an I-web guy myself. I prefer a little bit looser pocket and stiffer fingers (if that makes sense). The I-web lends itself well to that.

though I have to admit this SSK is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite gloves I have owned.

Attachments

• 67A0ADD8-4D56-434C-B88B-E33AAC7098E8.jpeg
    67A0ADD8-4D56-434C-B88B-E33AAC7098E8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
The modified trap is a little like the H web. With that strip of leather across the top, it can wrangle ground balls but will swallow a fly ball as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The modified trap is a little like the H web. With that strip of leather across the top, it can wrangle ground balls but will swallow a fly call as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always wanted a true Ichiro Mod-Trap Pro Limited, you have to have Core’s money to pull one of these off!
9EBEF9BF-3B26-4676-9819-9D46E5A11839.jpeg
Edit.....

Feb 25, 2020
Derek Jeter would agree with you 100%! I’ve actually come around on the basket web, they give gloves tons of structure because they’re laced to the glove shell all the way around the web opening.

Two different times I almost bought Anna that rich tan PP 19, walked around with one in my hand for an hour, just never pulled the trigger!
View attachment 19532

I always had a basket. Only ever really Had 1 "decent" glove. Most likely it was not practically comparable to that beauty. Especially with you complimenting its "structure".

After seeing the 12" H web rawlings HoH I got for my daughter, every glove I have ever used was a floppy mess really. Pancakes.(thank you again for the tip!)

May 7, 2015
SoCal
So no love for the H-web? What about the modified trap does it for you?

Aesthetics drive the H-web and mod single post down, for me. The H-Web is a nice design, just not quite as easy on the eyes as the I web and mod trap. Regarding the mod trap, I really like the firm structure across the top of the glove, much like a catchers glove. In a weird twist, most mod traps are outfield gloves so scooping a ground ball off the ground seems less likely of an occurrence. Maybe the firm structure would help keep the ball in the glove on a true sno-cone catch.

Also, regarding that Easton, I bought one of those small batches for an assistant coach, I believe the same exact glove. It's held up nicely and has turned into a fine glove. I think the Eastons are underated a little.

Ever since you turned me on to the HoH PRO314-2CSHCF I've been a true believer of rawlings, that glove is SOO nice, perfect for me! THX

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
AD will probably have to have a drink or two, to calm down, after he finds out someone called that glove a basket web :ROFLMAO:
:) well ...people can get emotional over labels .... It looks like a basket...oh did that make it worse...LOL

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I've always preferred the H-web. I don't know why. Maybe it's the utilitarianism and no frills practicality of them. I would say that out of 27 catchers I work with, probably 24 of their catcher mitts are H-web and the other 3 are basket (closed webs). Granted, they mostly only come in the 2 styles but... The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure that 22 out of 24 of those have fielding gloves that are basket weave, 2 are trapeze and the other 3 are I-webs.
This ^ about catchers gloves.
Though i caught with a fielders glove.
Ditto others comments on
'H' web.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-06-08-48-02-1-1.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-06-08-48-02-1-1.png
    36 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020
I've always preferred the H-web. I don't know why. Maybe it's the utilitarianism and no frills practicality of them. I would say that out of 27 catchers I work with, probably 24 of their catcher mitts are H-web and the other 3 are basket (closed webs). Granted, they mostly only come in the 2 styles but... The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure that 22 out of 24 of those have fielding gloves that are basket weave, 2 are trapeze and the other 3 are I-webs.
DD1 hates, and I mean hates, an H-web catcher's mitt. Feels like she doesn't get a solid grip on the ball when receiving. She prefers a hinged web. At least that's what it looks like ... two piece solid.

I've got an 11.25" A2000 H-web and love it. Though the softball seems like it barely fits in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06