Glove size for pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2013
This thread has been very helpful.

Any advice for ordering a glove on-line. Really nervous about finding a good fit and feel. Also worried about something that is game ready - but then get's too soft too quickly . . .

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
This thread has been very helpful.

Any advice for ordering a glove on-line. Really nervous about finding a good fit and feel. Also worried about something that is game ready - but then get's too soft too quickly . . .

Wound up buying a 12" Cat A2000. Ordered from Eastbay with 20% discount code around the holidays. Easy to break in and beautifully constructed glove.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL

DD uses an Akadema Glove that meets your criteria. Not quite game ready but is easy to break in and will last a while. The higher end gloves will take a while to break in.

If you have a Dick's Sporting Goods by you they have a fair selection of gloves so you can take a look before you order on-line.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY

a note about the Vinci's: Their premium, kip-leather gloves take a LONG time to break-in,
and definitely do not arrive "game ready" out of the box.
One the flip-side, they are VERY well-made, and will last a good long time, especially if cared for properly.
Bought my DD pitcher a 12.5" back in the Fall, and through Winter work-outs, it is broken-in now - but it took a while.

I bought myself Vinci's base-model catcher's glove back in the Fall, too.
It is Steer hide leather, and broke-in MUCH faster.
Almost game-ready after a few weeks of use.
So, if quick break-in is important, maybe get a Steer hide leather model if thinking Vinci?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes