Glove Recommendation for DD 11yrs old - Catcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2010
Central California
Hi Everyone, my DD is currently the starting catcher for her 10u team and has been using her fielder glove all season. (She switched from 3rd base to catcher early in the season) It's a 12.5" Mizuno Premier GPM 1250, purchased for about $55.00 at the start of the spring season this year. I kept telling myself I would get her a catchers glove but she has been doing so well I kept putting it off week after week.

Her Fall season will end shortly in about 5 weeks and I will now (for sure) get her that catchers glove. I am at a lost though as to what size to get her. Based on her current glove size, and the fact that she will switch to the 12" ball next year, can anyone recommend what size catchers mitt to get? My local sporting goods store have no catchers mitts in their inventory, so she is unable to try one on. We live in an area where there are few shopping choices. Any help you can offer is appreciated. Thank You!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
You could go middle of the road and get a 33 inch mitt, I guess. I really like Worth and Mizuno.

Generally, you get what you pay for, so it is probably going to cost more than her current glove.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickpitch