Glove Recomendation for 10U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Great thread. My DD 8 moving up to 10U in fall or spring needs a new glove. The Wilson A1000 is on sale right now (closeout I think) wondering if anyone has feed back on that glove other than what is mentioned in Little Angles post above. She plays rec and summer all-stars (5 to 8 tournaments) so I'm not looking for super high end glove just something better than off the shelf at local sporting goods store. She plays P & 1B in rec, P and OF in all-stars if that makes a difference.

Apr 1, 2010
Catcher's mitts are different. I am extremely fond of the Mizuno GXS-92 for growing catchers. They can be had for $60, break in REAL fast and are great mitts. They do tend to need to be replaced every couple of years of hard use, but for $60 who really cares. Mine get destroyed because I use mine to coach, catch my DD's pitching lessons and then my catchers kept stealing it to use in games until I force their parents to buy them one of their own. Great value glove until they get to their HS years and they need to spend the $200+ on a glove.

I'll second that. DD loves her Mizuno GXS-92.

It's starting to look pretty beat up though. Her coach can get her Worth gloves for about 50% off retail--or--we can just get her another Mizuno. I guess I need to see what the alternatives are and discuss them with her. Is there a Worth catchers mitt anyone would recommend?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles