Glove options for 12u TB player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey James, take a look at the 12” JSJS model, that’s a standard retail Vinci model, Drakemir can probably get one of those shipped fast, if he doesn’t actually have one sitting on his kitchen table :eek:

I’m (me personally) not really over the top with that web, but you and your DD may love it?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey James, I’m probably 25/30 miles from the Rawlings outlet in Myrtle Beach. I plan on going there sometime this week, maybe today? I’ll make sure to keep a 12” ball in my hand, if anything really jumps out at me I’ll let you know.

One model I was thinking about for you is the NP5, I just traded a 12” NP6 away and have a 12.25” NP7 on order. Rawlings & Vinci both are notorious for being a 1/4” shorter than their listed/stamped size. Every “NP” model I have ever either handled or played with is a 1/8” to a 1/4” OVER their listed size.

So a 11.75” ProNP5 might hit that sweet spot? Just a little worried about the hand stall size? I was there this past November, they had the Kyle Seager NP6 on a closeout rack for $155/$160? Either way, it was a smoking deal for a great pattern HOH!!

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
Hey James, I’m probably 25/30 miles from the Rawlings outlet in Myrtle Beach. I plan on going there sometime this week, maybe today? I’ll make sure to keep a 12” ball in my hand, if anything really jumps out at me I’ll let you know.

One model I was thinking about for you is the NP5, I just traded a 12” NP6 away and have a 12.25” NP7 on order. Rawlings & Vinci both are notorious for being a 1/4” shorter than their listed/stamped size. Every “NP” model I have ever either handled or played with is a 1/8” to a 1/4” OVER their listed size.

So a 11.75” ProNP5 might hit that sweet spot? Just a little worried about the hand stall size? I was there this past November, they had the Kyle Seager NP6 on a closeout rack for $155/$160? Either way, it was a smoking deal for a great pattern HOH!!

Thanks. Let me know what you find. Her narrow hand are throwing a wrench into my search. Definitely going to get her to use a batting glove to extend her options.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX

Part of me is thinking about getting her a mid-level with velcro enclosure (I know, I know), but still investing in a nicer glove that I can work in over the summer. She would still have something to use for summer ball, camps, tryouts, etc., but could start playing with it in September. Other than some additional cost, is there any real downside to this plan? And what mid-level glove should I look at? I am exchanging messages with Drakemir and he said that the Vinci gloves fit smaller hands well, and I think with a little work (and her wearing a batting glove), it would be perfect when ready.

Or I could spend money on one glove that is higher end glove (but with velcro enclosure) like an Easton Stealth or Marucci. The more I think about options, the further away I get from buying something. With her current glove being toast, I need to make a decision soon.

Thanks again.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Trying to find the exact right equipment will drive you nuts with all the choices.

You can not go to far wrong with do what Drakemir says. :)

Jun 2, 2018
I followed advice from this thread and others. I reached out to Drakemir. Took his recommendation, reviewed what was out there in the price range, and couldn't find much. Local stores had a total of 13 gloves to look at in store and more than half were not the right size. I decided to go with the Vinci Fortus.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Went to the Rawlings outlet today in Myrtle Beach, didn’t take a ton of pics but there was some nice stuff there! TXJames, of course the one glove that stood for your DD was more expensive than any glove we’ve discussed yet. It was a 12” Pro Preferred Pro PROS19-11RTPRO. This glove retails for $359.00, this one was stamped a BLEM, I couldn’t find anything wrong with it??

Of course I don’t know you or your DD, but I know gloves and with my DD, I definitely know glove sizes and hand and finger stall sizes very well. I wouldn’t have any problem recommending this glove. I have medium sized hands and I had to stuff my hand in this glove and the wrist button lap was not in the tightest setting.

We’re staying 32 miles away, I was almost back and was starting to regret now buying it to put up! He only had one of these BLEMS and it was tagged at $224.95, so $135.00 off retail.

TXJames, we’re on vacation, I can’t get these ****ing pics to load! I’m sure it’s user error. PM me your cell number and I’ll text them to you.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
Went to the Rawlings outlet today in Myrtle Beach, didn’t take a ton of pics but there was some nice stuff there! TXJames, of course the one glove that stood for your DD was more expensive than any glove we’ve discussed yet. It was a 12” Pro Preferred Pro PROS19-11RTPRO. This glove retails for $359.00, this one was stamped a BLEM, I couldn’t find anything wrong with it??

Of course I don’t know you or your DD, but I know gloves and with my DD, I definitely know glove sizes and hand and finger stall sizes very well. I wouldn’t have any problem recommending this glove. I have medium sized hands and I had to stuff my hand in this glove and the wrist button lap was not in the tightest setting.

We’re staying 32 miles away, I was almost back and was starting to regret now buying it to put up! He only had one of these BLEMS and it was tagged at $224.95, so $135.00 off retail.

TXJames, we’re on vacation, I can’t get these ****ing pics to load! I’m sure it’s user error. PM me your cell number and I’ll text them to you.

Thank you so much for the help. I pulled the trigger tonight with Drakemir. Maybe I should shelve my 30 yo Rawlings and get ME a new toy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles