Glove Opinion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2014
I am looking to get my DD a new glove and have come across the Shoeless Joe/Jane gloves. I am hoping the vast knowledge base of this board could provide some opinions on that brand of glove. She plays 10U travel in both the inf/outfield so i was looking at the 11.75" or 12". Hadn't made a choice since she currently plays with a 11.25. Any opinions would be appreciated.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Not sure how much the Shoeless Jane gloves are, but at 10U I was still buying my DD cheap (@ $60) gloves. She was growing so fast that I did not see the need to spend $150+ on a good glove that was going to last for years (Nokona, Vinci).

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Be aware that gloves sizes vary between manufacturers. Mizunos tend to run large. Eastons tend to run small. Both my DDs (10yo and 16yo) are using the same size glove, so I don't necessarily see an issue with someone willing to spend money for a good-quality glove for a 10yo.

I have not seen the Shoeless gloves in person, but comments I have seen have been positive about their quality. That said, I recall someone having an issue with weight, but that might have been for a catcher's mitt.

Warning - sales pitch ahead....
I invite you to check out Akadema's gloves (see link in my sig). If there's anything that interests you, shoot me a PM.

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
Warning - sales pitch ahead....
I invite you to check out Akadema's gloves (see link in my sig). If there's anything that interests you, shoot me a PM.

How does your DD like the glove? My DD is 12 and still using the black Mizuno you can get at any sporting goods store. She likes it well enough, but I know a new glove is in her future. Thanks!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am a fan, DD has had an Akadema for a few years now.

I also have heard good things about Shoeless, just have never tried one.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
How does your DD like the glove? My DD is 12 and still using the black Mizuno you can get at any sporting goods store. She likes it well enough, but I know a new glove is in her future. Thanks!

My 10yo DD is just getting started with an Akadema catcher's mitt, but is still using a 12" Mizuno MVP-series fielder's glove that is not ready for replacement yet.

I have an Akadema AMR34 that I like a LOT. Be aware that the Akadema's run on the smaller side. A 12" Miz is about equivalent to a 12.5" Akadema. Also, don't limit yourself to just the gloves marked as "fastpitch". Any of them indicated as having a "deep pocket" work great for an 11" or 12" ball.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck