Glove help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2016
About six months ago I bought DD a Rawlings HOH 12.5" glove. It cost a pretty penny and I hoped that it would last her a while. When she first got it she liked how tight the glove felt on her hand, but after about 3 months it became too big - a hard throw would pull the glove right off.

I have tightened the wrist as much as I could, but DD says the problem isn't just the wrist but that the finger stalls are now too big. Her solution was to wear a batting glove inside her glove, which would keep it on her hand, but she doesn't like the feel of the glove in the glove.

I bought her a different glove, which she likes, but I'm not ready to give up on the old one. I know you can relace a glove, but is there a way to tighten the finger stalls? Is there some purveyor of glove magic that can give this glove new life?

May 1, 2018
Can't shrink leather and it would cost more to restitch and trim the glove then the glove cost.

Sep 19, 2018
How did the glove get so stretched? Did someone (who should not have) put their hand in the glove? I had to pull my daughters glove out of an adults hands. He started to put his hand in her glove, I told him, "Don't do that." 3 times as his hand was going in. I had to quickly pull the glove out of his hands. He said, "You were serious?" My dd is 4'11 he is 6'2''. Yes I am serious!

Aug 23, 2016
How did the glove get so stretched? Did someone (who should not have) put their hand in the glove? I had to pull my daughters glove out of an adults hands. He started to put his hand in her glove, I told him, "Don't do that." 3 times as his hand was going in. I had to quickly pull the glove out of his hands. He said, "You were serious?" My dd is 4'11 he is 6'2''. Yes I am serious!
We aren't sure. Her former coach helped to break it in a little when it was just too stiff for her and I do wonder if he put his hand in it while he worked on it.

I was afraid the glove was a lost cause, but I was hoping for a miracle. I'll make sure that DD never lets anyone touch her glove.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Her former coach helped to break it in a little when it was just too stiff for her and I do wonder if he put his hand in it while he worked on it.
That's your answer... Never let anyone put their hand in your DD's premium mitt or glove.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020
That's your answer... Never let anyone put their hand in your DD's premium mitt or glove.
This was one of the first things I learned here. The only one to put her hand in my DD Pro1000 is her PC and my DD has a bigger hand than her so pretty sure it's safe. I haven't even put it on!!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi