Glove for 10 year old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2021
My DD is actually 9 but close to 10. She plays SS/3B and is beginning to pitch some. She had been using a 13 inch glove which was too big and went back to her very well broken in 12.5. I would like to see her use a 12 or even a 12.25 (limited choice) but she does really well with a 12.5. Looking at getting her a nice glove. Biggest thing is break in. She is about 4'7" 105 lbs. Dont want to spend a ton but would like to get her a nice glove that will last for a couple of years or more. Also what conditioner/oil/ whatever do yall use to help the gloves. The glove she uses now she had to have from a thrift store for $2.50. It is extremely broken in but has zero padding. I don't see how she stands it lol.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
A 9 year old using a 13” glove…..so with the glove on her hand and arm hanging straight down, how far is the glove from touching the ground? ;)

I’ve seen plenty of 12 year olds wrestle with their Dad’s massive, old slowpitch glove, not sure if I’ve seen a 9 year old do it before?

Focus on a 11.75” to 12” glove.

Jul 31, 2021
A 9 year old using a 13” glove…..so with the glove on her hand and arm hanging straight down, how far is the glove from touching the ground? ;)

I’ve seen plenty of 12 year olds wrestle with their Dad’s massive, old slowpitch glove, not sure if I’ve seen a 9 year old do it before?

Focus on a 11.75” to 12” glove.
Exactly that 13 is WAY too big. She does good with a 12.5 but I would rather have her in a 12.

Jun 26, 2019
We bought my 12yo 3b a Bradley Bandito 12.25” this year, for what we spent on it I am very impressed with the quality, and it is working great for her. I would look at their line and i bet you will find something that will work.

Jul 27, 2020
We bought my 12yo 3b a Bradley Bandito 12.25” this year, for what we spent on it I am very impressed with the quality, and it is working great for her. I would look at their line and i bet you will find something that will work.

May I ask what position does she play. My DD was using a 12in for much of 10u while breaking in a 12.5 getting ready for her first 12u season. It was pretty well broken in for her tryouts and upcoming year and left it at the field or someone picked it up accidentally. With that being said she pitches, plays 3rd and first and think she’ll also see time in the outfield. I think she’s fine pitching and possibly playing 3rd with the 12in glove. But if she plays 1st or outfield any size you recommend? Also is it time to invest a few more $$$ on a better glove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 26, 2019
May I ask what position does she play. My DD was using a 12in for much of 10u while breaking in a 12.5 getting ready for her first 12u season. It was pretty well broken in for her tryouts and upcoming year and left it at the field or someone picked it up accidentally. With that being said she pitches, plays 3rd and first and think she’ll also see time in the outfield. I think she’s fine pitching and possibly playing 3rd with the 12in glove. But if she plays 1st or outfield any size you recommend? Also is it time to invest a few more $$$ on a better glove?

She played 3rd base primarily this summer in 12u, she will be 13 in oct, she is 5’3” and is playing 14u for fall and with this group she seems to be getting a bit more time at SS. My 10yo is extremely small for her age amd her sisters bradley is just a bit to big for her, if I were you I would look at bradleys gloves in 11.5 or 12. Also, they do have a 30 or 90 day return policy. I have not seen their lower cost gloves in person so I can’t be much help with them

Mar 15, 2019
California
My DD is actually 9 but close to 10. She plays SS/3B and is beginning to pitch some. She had been using a 13 inch glove which was too big and went back to her very well broken in 12.5. I would like to see her use a 12 or even a 12.25 (limited choice) but she does really well with a 12.5. Looking at getting her a nice glove. Biggest thing is break in. She is about 4'7" 105 lbs. Dont want to spend a ton but would like to get her a nice glove that will last for a couple of years or more. Also what conditioner/oil/ whatever do yall use to help the gloves. The glove she uses now she had to have from a thrift store for $2.50. It is extremely broken in but has zero padding. I don't see how she stands it lol.
For a near 10 yo infielder, I would recommend an 11.5" glove, maybe an 11.75". There are a few fastpitch gloves out there that fit small hands well, such as Tigress and Easton Professional. Either one would help carry her through until she gets a few years older. My younger DD (11 yo) is your DD's same height and she uses an 11.5" Tigress glove for pitching and 3B.

Oct 4, 2018

A 1B glove is a fine investment if you think she'll continue at 1B. My DD plays a ton of 1B when she's not pitching and the 1B glove does help considerably at that position. It's almost like they made the glove with that position in mind.

Aug 24, 2020
At 10 I don’t think you can beat a Mizuno prospect. At around $30 you buy one this year a bigger one next. Then at 12 when she’s bigger and stronger get a glove that actually needs broken in.

Jul 31, 2021
She had a Mizuno Franchise 12 inch she didnt like due to the stiff palm in it. Spent a little hot water and time today running over it with the car and then she used it in practice. She said it is great now lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi