Gif of Lauren Chamberlain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Just fyi, the best hitter in the pro league last season was Brittany Cervantes (.358, 9 HR), former Kentucky player. Was doing some research on her and found she wasn’t drafted, just tried out, and in her rookie season, she hit .160. How does a player like that go from barely made to perhaps the best hitter in the country over that 40-game span of 2015? I’d like to hear her story. Shows how much improving can still be done beyond college. We forget that today’s college players, even the best ones, really haven’t peaked, and most never will because they’ll have to get on with their lives.
I can't find any good examples of Brittany's swing. I'd love to see the changes she's made.

Feb 25, 2016
Couldn't agree more. That's why I always say it isn't completely fair to compare a college softball player's swing to a MLB hitter's swing. The latter has had a lot more time to make additional improvements. Not to mention better resources. It's likely that even the top MLB players' swings didn't look like that in college.

Top players play to their own strengths. How many guys can be successful with Mike Trout's golf swing? On the other side you have Arod with his downward A-B swing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi