Ghost Advance vs Ghost Dual Stamp (2020)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
One thing DD hates on the new GA is the grip tape. She feels it feels thicker and not as comfortable. I looked and the 2022 GA doesn't come with a lizard skin grip tape. There's an additional 15-20 bucks on a bat that went up 50 bucks.
Todd am I correct on this.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You cant please everybody. Easton had complaints about the Lizard skins and how they dont last, so they go a diff route and now the people that liked Lizards are going to complain. Heck, most people do what they want with their grips anyway.

And if you are paying 15-20 bucks for a lizard skin, you are buying from the wrong stores...haha
Honestly, Lizard skin need to re-assess their grips. They are no longer the only grip in town and they
are priced over every other grip. They are losing business everywhere as other bats no longer use their grips
either.

Sep 8, 2021
Will be interesting to see exit velocity data on the new GA and how the changes to the inner and outer barrels that @CoreSoftball20 detail above effect performance. The 2020 GAs are the hottest bats I’ve seen but obviously durability was suspect, at best. I hope Easton didn’t sacrifice much performance in addressing durability.

Quick review after the kid took some cuts with one.

Local indoor place had a few of the 2022 Ghost Advanced to demo. Daughter is a 14u that has broken 5 ghosts over the past year and a half. She is currently swinging a 33", -10 2021 Xeno that she loves. High Exit velo with the Xeno is 74mph off a tee, and her normal is 68-70, with a few that hop up every now and then.

They didn't have a 33" demo Ghost Advanced, only a 34 and a 32. She warmed up on the tee, and I grabbed three new balls to use. The GA had about 10 swings on it before she took her cuts. With the xeno, three ball exit speeds off the tee were 67, 68, 70. With an inch longer GA, they were 68/69/68. The GA was not anywhere close to being broken in and an inch longer than she normally swung.

Also hit some front toss with it. Ball came off the bat well.

Overall she said she liked the bat a lot, but did not like the grip and also said that there is little to no feedback/feel of the ball at contact.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It def needs a few swings to get going to full potential...more than 10 swings :)

Stinks they didnt have her weight (but 33s are slow to get out there). Its one of those things, you either use a bat thats too light, or
use the bat that too big...hahaha. Would have liked her to try a broken in 33/23. Glad she liked it anyway.

And here is the problem...nobody ever wants to feel anything. So bat manufacturers are always trying to cut down on vibration. If
you read bad reviews for any bat ever made, most are always going to say "oh, it stung my hands"...haha. Nobody says, well, we mishit
it 10 times and thats why it stung. They blame the bat. I dont think any Ghost will be considered "soft" in feedback to the level of how your dd
described it. She is used to a very stiff bat (Xeno), so it kinda sways her.

Sep 8, 2021
It def needs a few swings to get going to full potential...more than 10 swings :)

Stinks they didnt have her weight (but 33s are slow to get out there). Its one of those things, you either use a bat thats too light, or
use the bat that too big...hahaha. Would have liked her to try a broken in 33/23. Glad she liked it anyway.

And here is the problem...nobody ever wants to feel anything. So bat manufacturers are always trying to cut down on vibration. If
you read bad reviews for any bat ever made, most are always going to say "oh, it stung my hands"...haha. Nobody says, well, we mishit
it 10 times and thats why it stung. They blame the bat. I dont think any Ghost will be considered "soft" in feedback to the level of how your dd
described it. She is used to a very stiff bat (Xeno), so it kinda sways her.
Agree completely. I wish they had the same size so it was an apples to apples comparison. Considering that the exit velos were within a mph of a very hot and broken in xeno, in an inch longer and heavier bat.. I was impressed.

I can't wait to see how hot they get once broken in.... and am hoping that they get the durability issues resolved. I am sure that we will be buying one at some point this season.

I would have never thought that the kid would have liked the xeno as much as she does, didnt think she would like the feedback... I was wrong.

Mar 20, 2015
Is the Double Stamp same as the regular Ghost? Looking at the Easton website the terminology is a little different, there is just the Advanced Ghost, and Ghost. in 2020 and 2022.

Also is the Advanced less of an end weighted bat?

16U DD had an older model marked Ghost Double Barrel that finally gave out. It feels a little end weighted to me, and I think she would do better with a more balanced bat. The graphics on her old bat look like the regular 2020 Ghost on the Easton site.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Is the Double Stamp same as the regular Ghost? Looking at the Easton website the terminology is a little different, there is just the Advanced Ghost, and Ghost. in 2020 and 2022.

Also is the Advanced less of an end weighted bat?

16U DD had an older model marked Ghost Double Barrel that finally gave out. It feels a little end weighted to me, and I think she would do better with a more balanced bat. The graphics on her old bat look like the regular 2020 Ghost on the Easton site.
People make up nicknames so they can decipher better. Some say dual stamp or regular
ghost and then the ADV. But yes, there only 2 models. I have had customers ask for a double barrel ghost...well, there are 2 of them too because the ADV is double barrel as well. Just whatever works best for you. Technically its the Ghost and Ghost Advanced.

Your bat wasnt end weighted...its just overweight as most Ghosts are. The new ADV is def closer to sticker than previous models.

Feb 3, 2020
NY
Has there been any feedback wrt to comparable performance yet between the Ghost and advanced? What exactly warrants the extra $100? Does the adv have more pop? More durability?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00