Getting "SAT"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I tend to see two style types, those that stand tall and those that have a more pronounced bent back knee, in their Stance, and in their swings.

my dds, one started scrunching, the other still stands somewhat tall.

Most of the girls that I work with, seem to have trouble, not bending that back leg.

the overhead of Batista, he looks really SAT, while Prince Fielder looks much more upright.

I need a good starting point in what I teach, in the stance, i'll post what I can when I get back in from fishing.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
28s0whi.gif

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
With the focus on the degree of the bent knees.

does the back knee, start bent and stay bent?

On the move forward, this is my area of concern, to plant.

efs276.gif

Are these TWO girls getting SAT?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Degree of bend? Do you really see the 'bend' in rear knee stay the same from launch onwards in the swing of better hitters? I don't see that. Look closely at the rear leg from stance to launch. Take note of subtle changes ... they aren't so subtle. Regarding the 'bend' from launch to contact ... look first towards how the swing is being fueled/powered ... and understand how a properly loaded rear leg, in a proper sequence, allows the rear leg to be 'reactive'.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I like to have the feeling of sitting on the ball of my femur. If my knee is bent to much, I am not sitting on the ball of my femur, but instead just hold myself up with my quads. If my quads are fully engaged holding me up, I feel a tendency of pushing of the ground more then a coil around the rear leg. So a little bit of a straighter rear leg helps me to get stretch.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Degree of bend? Do you really see the 'bend' in rear knee stay the same from launch onwards in the swing of better hitters? I don't see that. Look closely at the rear leg from stance to launch. Take note of subtle changes ... they aren't so subtle. Regarding the 'bend' from launch to contact ... look first towards how the swing is being fueled/powered ... and understand how a properly loaded rear leg, in a proper sequence, allows the rear leg to be 'reactive'.

typical Five frame.

Is this getting "sat'

satfrontsidehips-0.00.01.32.jpg satOrtiz_060213_highside_loop-0.00.00.85.jpg

satBautistaD-0.00.01.48.jpg

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Thank you redhot, that is a good starting point :the stance.

does anyone, can anyone give me the definition of getting "sat', and or show a gif of getting "sat"

Does getting "more sat" help, or is this lower end scrunching not that important?

Do you agree some get more sat than others?