getting live video from the diamond

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2014
I am looking for the best way you guys/gals have found to stream games live from the diamonds. My work schedule doesn't always allow me to watch the games my DD plays. We did do gamechanger this last year and it helped some, but I would really like to see whats going on via video. Thanks in advance for the advice

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I am looking for the best way you guys/gals have found to stream games live from the diamonds. My work schedule doesn't always allow me to watch the games my DD plays. We did do gamechanger this last year and it helped some, but I would really like to see whats going on via video. Thanks in advance for the advice

We have 3 competitive ball players that always seem to be playing at the same times, and different locations. While I don't generally stream (though we have, and have several customers that do) just getting the video of the games that we can watch later is a great benefit. We use multiple GoPro Hero 3 cameras and a fence bracket that we designed (see the link below). The GoPro 3 has a wide angle lens and allows you to record the entire field. It has enough resolution to make playback very easy to watch. The bracket keeps the camera fixed in the perfect spot. Here's some sample video:

Here's what the bracket looks like on the fence:
1169.jpg

As for streaming, some of our customers use a wifi hotspot and a product from LiveStream.com called the Broadcaster:
Livestream Livestream Broadcaster LS-BROADCASTER B&H Photo Video

Broadcasting is kind of an expensive process, but this product does a very good job.

Hope this helps. If you want more information, email me at: josh@lynkspyder.com

Apr 25, 2014
I need some help/advise from someone that uses live stream.
I need advise on the best internet to use

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan