Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2020
So as a way to commemorate the end of the softball season what were some of your DD’s funniest moments, mistakes or fails (if you can’t think of any fails than just say the most impressive thing your DD did).Mine was when my youngest DD (15) had a little trouble bunting. She laid down the perfect bunt and she normally would’ve been fast enough to beat it out but she had a little trouble finding grip on the turf field. Here’s the video.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It is about DD's friend, DD sucked her into playing softball. She had never played any organised sport let alone softball.

She is playing 2nd and a ball is ripped at her. She made a nice play.

Her story was I closed my eyes and turned my head, I knew she turned her head did not know about the eyes closing. So I feel the ball in my mitt so I threw it to 1st. Easy out.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
It is about DD's friend, DD sucked her into playing softball. She had never played any organised sport let alone softball.

Her story was I closed my eyes and turned my head, I knew she turned her head did not know about the eyes closing. So I feel the ball in my mitt so I threw it to 1st. Easy out.
😄But can that be taught?!
Way to get it done👍

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Not a funny story but DD's pitching and maybe hit an exteamate. She rolling around the ground, people are thinking we should call an ambulance. I am not sure she was even hit, if anything it was on her hand and she is holding her leg wriggling around. She made a miraculous recovery and limped to 1st.

Next time she was up ball slipped out of DD's hand and accedently hit her in the ribs, I could hear it from 60 feet away. It had to hurt.

I did not know DD had it in her to make mistakes like this.

Feb 13, 2020

A similar thing happened with our team. We only had 8 players so we had to recruit my DD’s friend to play right field. Thankfully only one ball came to her and when she picked it up instead of throwing the ball in she panicked and threw the ball to my DD (CF) who was like 5 feet away from her. She probably made the right call cause I’m not sure if her arm would’ve been good enough to get the ball in.

Oct 4, 2018
In 8U All Stars, my daughter was playing "pitcher" and caught a hard hit line drive with her armpit.

In her first ever tryout as a 7 year old, she was asked to run the bases. So she sprints to first and stops right on the bag. They yell "Keep Going!!!". So she runs down the right field foul line.

Apr 26, 2019
DD was helping with an umpire training program, along with some other girls from her organization. She pitches. A catcher from her team was her battery mate.

The woman they were pitching for wasn't getting the hang of something. The experienced umpire kept telling DD to pitch a little high. Finally he tells the new recruit, "Stand back and watch me."

Tells DD to pitch a little high again. She whips a high fastball in to the catcher. The catcher for some reason pulls her mitt down before the pitch gets there.

The umpire got nailed full on in the pills and dropped him. Catcher's mom and i laughed for at least a good five minutes.

Jan 28, 2017
Not my DD but years ago when you actually tried to get people out in Tee-ball, a popup was missed and the ball went into the kids arm hole or his shirt. He was running around trying to get the ball out of his shirt and chasing the base runner all the way home. I still see the guy and think about it every time.

Jun 11, 2013
DD was a P in 10U rec. I jokingly told her to hit the first batter to scare them. First pitch of the game hits the leadoff hitter right in the back. Now she had zero accuracy so it was an accident but she looked over at me and I had my hat over my face to keep from losing it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06