Fundraising

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2012
PA
The organization runs a footballl mania ticket (so many weeks you get 3 teams a week, top 3 highest and bottm 3 lowest win money), They cost $10 a piece and the profit is like $6.50 a ticket. They also do a lottery calandar in March, doesn't bring in as much as the football one but still decent profit.

Our team does superbowl pool @$5 a space you make $250 for every board filled. last year we made $750 this year we found a site that allows the board to be online so spaces can be selected by anyone at the same time and we already have 2 boards filled.

We do a beef & beer fundraiser which brings in big bucks. And we run tournaments at the field, last year he girls decided to make bows to sell at a tournament, they sold them for $3 and did a bunch in all the teams that were coming colors and a few random ones they made about 100 and sold out before lunch, A few of the sisters on our team than sat at a table and took orders for specific colors and made them there, it broght in about $900

Last year we had a company offer to sponsor us for the spring. Each run the team scored they donated $1, each homerun hit they donates $5, and if we won a tournamnet they donate $100 (we had a decent hitting team last year and won 3 tournaments, so it made nice profit which we used at nationals and took the girls to a water park, applebees and hibatchi along with ordering them shirts)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
We sold laundry soap... 5gal jugs of liquid tide or gain (50pounds) its not name brand but the formula is the same. We sold them for $45 ea. Each girls family averaged about 20 jugs... we profited about 1600
Lot of heavy work and hard to transport but the money was nice

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Grocery store gift cards have been huge for us. Some have reloadable cards, some you buy a new card each time. 5% of the money you put on the card goes to your organization. In our case, we have a reloadable card which can be used for groceries and for gas. A few families have paid their entire fees using these cards! If you are a 501 (c) 3 organization many large corporations will match funds that their employees give, including player fees. Check out your local PTA/PTO organizations for ideas - you can access their records through the school website and get ideas from their meeting minutes. (I got this idea from a seminar on college scholarships - go to websites for area high schools and check out their awards announcements; they usually announce scholarship awards - say Sally Jane got a $2000 scholarship from the local garden club - bingo - your aspiring college bound botanist can apply for that scholarship next year!)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2008
I have the players collect $2 worth of pledges for every run we score. $2 doesn't sound like a lot but if you score 100 runs that's $200 per player. I usually carry 20 players on JV and Varsity, so $200 x 20 = $4000 to start the summer with.

The only problem we have had is getting all of the money collected after the season. However, we have never collected less than $2500. The bottom line is that's good money for really not a lot of work. Get the pledges, score the runs and collect the money.

I like it a lot better than selling anything!

Jan 17, 2013
I second the World's Best candy bars idea. Kids in my hometown used them to raise money for all sorts of different teams and clubs, and they always seemed to work. And they're pretty good chocolates, so they're not too hard to sell.

Jun 13, 2012
See if a local ball complex will allow you to put on a tournament. We did this last fall ( and have another scheduled in March) 3gg 8u, 10u, 12u and 14u. The town facility only charged us $400 for the day, we got the money from concessions, the $185 per team, $5ea gate fee, sold tee shirts and had a muzzle loader raffle. We paid umps $25 per game and at the end of the LONG day we made (cleared) $5800.

Oct 22, 2012
I just totaled up what we made from our Hit-A-Thon, and it was over $5,000; enough to buy us new Under Armour uniforms this year.

I highly suggest everyone give this a try atleast once, it can really work if done right.

Plus, we get about $600 for our Saturday clinics that we run about once a month, at $20 a girl.

Oct 10, 2010
We have a Pasta dinner and raffle. BUT about a month prior to that we start selling raffle tickets for an iPad. Then we draw the iPad ticket at our pasta dinner. This year we sold 182 Ipad tickets at $10.00 each and had 75 people at our dinner and raffle. A cool$2700 profit.

Jan 16, 2013
Fundraiser selling Officially Licensed Pro Sports Merchandise

Hello, my name is Chase and I am an account representative for Super Fan Sports Fundraising; a company based out of South Florida. We specialize in helping your team raise thousands of dollars by selling merchandise that your friends and family already spend hundreds of dollars a year buying anyways. The merchandise you will find in our catalog is the same stuff sold in the team stores of any stadium/arena you would visit. There are no upfront costs and your money is available to you at the end of the two to three week fundraiser. You will also have a professional with you step by step to keep you on track and help with incentives to give your team to help reach maximum income. Please check out the website at Super Fan Sports Fundraising and check out the new commercial or contact me directly. Thank you.

Chase Janicki
Super Fan Sports Fundraising
Sales & Account Representative
954-233-2139
cjanicki@superfanfundraising.com

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
the most successful and by far the most fun fundraiser for our organization was a crab feed. Nearly $12,000 raised between ticket sales and a live auction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes