Fund raising question/idea

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
So my wife has been painting for a number of years and painted something for DD. I liked it so much I asked her to paint a second thinking we could raffle it off at our tournament and raise some money for the team.

I'm putting it out there to get your feedback, basically wondering what you all thought of the idea and was the work good enough that you would buy a ticket or two for something like this to put in your kids room? Would only hard core enthusiast be interested enough to drop a buck or two? Bear in mind I took a picture of a painting and yes it would be matted and framed.

JackiesGame.jpg

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It looks great but I am not big on the generic softball stuff.

I would buy a few tickets for a painting, or purchase it, of our home field to put on DD’s wall.

She has played with 5 different Teams on the same home field, and I am sure there will be some more. Lot of memories.

I am sure some people have had the same experience where you play.

Just an idea. It looks great, I wish I has her talent.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
IMO your wife is very talented! Two things. First, I would buy raffle tickets because it would support local kids. Second, DD would love to have something like this in her room so she would probably spend some money of her own. I think this is a great idea because not only is it a fantastic painting but it's different than the usual run of the mill types of things you would find at a fundraiser/chinese auction etc.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
quincy, I think your field would have to be sort of memorable. Unlike most fields we've been to.

Thanks to both of you for thinking she is talented, I sent the coach an email to see if he is interested since he runs the fund raisers. We'll see.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Could the winner have one personalized - similar to her own glove and cleats? So, I would see the pic, buy a chance and then, send your wife a photo of the glove and cleats.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Amy,I'd be somewhat hesitant to ask her to paint a 3rd. Had I thought about it I would have her wait to paint the second one. Maybe by spring she will be ready to paint another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1