Fun Tools for Improving Your Athletes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I taught my son how to juggle. When he was 13/14 he got pretty good at it. Joined a club and learned more then I could teach him. Is it coincedence that was when he became a better fielder and hitter? I don’t think so.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I just have them do it for a minute before the start of practice. Just gets the brain and the body communicating.
He demonstrates how he can use it for boxers. I am thinking and going to try forehand , backhand and linedrive. This is great stuff. Think maybe his claim to 3 to 5 inch improvement in vertical jump maybe slightly exaggerated. LOL

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Here is my (just turned) 2 YO doing a drill I call "playing outside". Kind of "out of the box" but many of us who grew up in 70's and 80's did this often (minus Mom using her cellphone to video us..thank God ) :

:p

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Two...........man that seems like a lifetime ago! I'd actually like to go back to mine being that age again, for a couple of hours! I got started late, didn't get married until I was 35, had Anna at 36, she's 18 now, do the math. Now if she was 2 and I was 30, oh yeah I'd do it again!

pattar, I completely understand why you're not too lovable at times! ;)

And yes, playing outside was the only drill I knew growing up, more kids should try it. Skinned up knees and elbows build character, there is no better teacher than a little blood and pain! Kids today have no idea how tough Mercurochrome & Merthiolate will make you! Back in my day when you wrecked your bike you washed it off in the creek or with the garden hose, you didn't let mom know you were bleeding, mine was evil, she would run to the bathroom to grab one of those tiny little bottles of liquid lava! I swear it made her happy to set any wounds I had on fire, you had to pour rubbing alcohol behind it just to cool it down! All while she smiled, man I miss her!

Jun 8, 2016
Two...........man that seems like a lifetime ago! I'd actually like to go back to mine being that age again, for a couple of hours! I got started late, didn't get married until I was 35, had Anna at 36, she's 18 now, do the math. Now if she was 2 and I was 30, oh yeah I'd do it again!
Well I had Marcela (now 10) when I was 34 (almost 35) and also have a 2 YO and 5 YO (you ever see somebody throwing BP with a walker..well just wait about 15 years and I will post one for you.. :LOL: ) . The 2 YO and 5 YO are easy-peasey compared to the 10 YO :rolleyes:

Edit: Not coincidentally, the 10 YO is basically a mini-me personality wise..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi