Front side

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Yes and yes, in some swings for sure. Throw this out there for comment. Stand up and try it. When you get into an athletic stance. Front shoulder slightly downhill and you coil/load around your spine and rear femur act as the axis. As you move out/stride and prepare to launch your spine becomes more aligned to your front femur and becomes the axis of your swing.

Tried. It standing up. I think I get what your saying. I also tried it swinging the bat. Not the greatest swing lol. Also tried to stay more grounded this time

May 12, 2016
Clemenslee1

Perhaps that is why almost all MLers talk about being balanced. To much thinking of either leg and it becomes over loaded on that leg, stuck on the backside or hitting on the front leg.😛
MLBers don't know what they are talking about... Twitter here I come :)

May 12, 2016
Tried. It standing up. I think I get what your saying. I also tried it swinging the bat. Not the greatest swing lol. Also tried to stay more grounded this time

hey Clem, thinking about joining slow pith league and I picked up a 34" drop 5 bat the other day and felt like I was swinging a log. That's going to happen to you if you keep swinging that 30" drop 11 bat over and over :ROFLMAO:

Oct 2, 2017
hey Clem, thinking about joining slow pith league and I picked up a 34" drop 5 bat the other day and felt like I was swinging a log. That's going to happen to you if you keep swinging that 30" drop 11 bat over and over :ROFLMAO:
Yep, need to start doing drop sets, heavy bat then ligh tbat lol at least it wasn't the tball bat.

Need to pick up a cheap Walmart bat just to practice different swing thoughts

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
lol 😎. I should say they refer to being balanced at the end of the stride. We really aren’t balance 50/50 before that point.
I took them to mean they were balanced at the end of the swing's follow through.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yep, need to start doing drop sets, heavy bat then ligh tbat lol at least it wasn't the tball bat.

Need to pick up a cheap Walmart bat just to practice different swing thoughts

I check Goodwill from time to time for bats. The one I’m using now came from goodwill, just had to regrip the bat. I also picked up a tee ball bat for one handed swings from Goodwill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00