Freak Black

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Seem like it a great bat.. I splurged and bid on Ebay for a Torq ($200 new) .. DD loves it. It's helped her ability to pull the ball and (may be mental) but increased her ratio of line drives... She was swinging a CF6.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If your bat breaks within a month or so...why do you do the online form?

All you have to do is call the warranty dept, explain the bat is only so and so
old and you will get a fully returnable bat back in return. No Biggie.

Now, it doesnt work if the bat is 3 months old and 5000 hits bp hits. But you are always
protected if it breaks early.

Another thing...bats will break. Its the nature of the beast. Just because a bat breaks, doesnt
mean every bat that does so has a severe design flaw. Most bats are made to be hot
as heck asap...sometimes bats come off the line not as perfect as the other or even could
be a bad batch.

One more thing, If you are going to put 5000 swings on a bat doing all kinds of BP...majority of bats
will not last. I would encourage to have a tank for BP work and a gamer.

Mar 18, 2015
Tennessee
Crap...really? Well, I just mailed the bat today AND did the online form because i really didn't know any better. I'm just hoping the one I get as a replacement lasts. Bats are too expensive to not last at least a full season. I'm hoping it cracking was a fluke...

Feb 24, 2013
The bat has been great so far, 2 doubles at the fence last night. The problem now is before the game she said she heard something in the bat and sure enough if you tip it you can hear something rolling around in it. I checked the outside and all was fine and let her use it for the game. Is it safe to keep letting her use it?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
99% of the time you hear anything in a bat...its glue pebbles. All that happens is off the line there may have been a heavier spot applied and dried around the endcap.
So when you hit the bat, at some point that little bit of glue breaks off. Hence the baby rattle you get sometimes. Happens a ton with with my bats.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the bat or hitting it.

Jan 3, 2014
Freak Black Update: After a month or so of easing into the new bat she started to have some good success with it. She's quit saying it's "too light" and it's been her go to bat for the last three games. The 2015 LXT has been staying in the bag.

Double -

freak_double.jpg

May 10, 2013
USA
30" Worth Toxic, 30" Miken Icon, 31" Wicked (BP), 31" Miken Triad, 31" Vendetta, 31" CF7.

If I buy another bat I think my wife would kill me, I really want DD to try the Black, tourney next month is giving one out to one girl on a roster.

Darn picture is upside down, wander what happened?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Sep 2, 2013
Sent You a Message and Seems like you replied and My Blocker did just that blocked You as I'm requesting a bat for DD Let's see if we can get this done again . Thanks Grady

May 23, 2015
Decisions decisions! DD has swung a CF6, Xeno, and Miken Halo...still hasn't had anything she liked nearly as much as her CF5.

I just don't see many Miken Freak Blacks around here (maybe I haven't been paying attention.) Seems LXTs are the vast majority but this Miken Freak Black sounds interesting.

Prices on the Miken Blacks seems to be more aggressive than the new line of CF8s too...might be worth rolling the dice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi