Former player and special person died in crash

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BLB

May 19, 2008
Janiva Willis was a former player of mine before she went on to play college ball. It feels just like yesterday that, at the end of every team practice she would ask me to work with her on various softball skills. Totally committed to continually improve her skills as she was committed to worthwhile causes in her life. She was a very special person. My deepest condolences to her friends and family. She will be missed by a lot of people. Here's an article about her.
Winthrop Eagles - Tragic Vehicle Crash Takes The Life of Hall of Famer Janiva Willis

Dec 18, 2010
After reading the article, she was a wonderful person and epitomized what a mentor and role model looks like. Selflessness and caring character. Looks like she touched many lives and will leave a lasting positive impact. Prayers for her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Absolutely tragic. Prayers to her family, friends, and all that knew her. I am so sorry to hear this news BLB.

Sep 18, 2011
Tragic story. Bad driving is an epidemic. So many senseless deaths... it never ends.

Jeffrey Turner, the driver of the vehicle Willis was a passenger in attempted a left turn from the right lane and cut in front of a vehicle pulling a semi-trailer that was traveling in the left lane, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
The vehicle carrying the semi-trailer hit the vehicle Willis and Turner were in. Both Willis and Turner were pronounced dead on scene, according to the Texas Highway Patrol Troopers.

Mar 21, 2013
Tragic story. Bad driving is an epidemic. So many senseless deaths... it never ends.

Jeffrey Turner, the driver of the vehicle Willis was a passenger in attempted a left turn from the right lane and cut in front of a vehicle pulling a semi-trailer that was traveling in the left lane, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
The vehicle carrying the semi-trailer hit the vehicle Willis and Turner were in. Both Willis and Turner were pronounced dead on scene, according to the Texas Highway Patrol Troopers.

Very unfortunate. The talk about gun violence is rampant, but there are far more bad drivers operating 4,000 pound weapons called automobiles out there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC