For Sale, 14U Travel Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
Offense: Like new, rarely used.
Defense: Sold as-is, buyer acknowledges all defects.
Pitching: Real fixer-up, excellent flip opportunity.
Coaching: Location unknown, may want to check local mental health clinics

3rd and 4th inning today. 8 errors (3 on 1 play) total. 12 runs scored. Mercy ruled end of 4. Bottom seed in bracket play tomorrow.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
Offense: Like new, rarely used.
Defense: Sold as-is, buyer acknowledges all defects.
Pitching: Real fixer-up, excellent flip opportunity.
Coaching: Location unknown, may want to check local mental health clinics

3rd and 4th inning today. 8 errors (3 on 1 play) total. 12 runs scored. Mercy ruled end of 4. Bottom seed in bracket play tomorrow.

Don't sell just yet. Last year at a tournament my daughter's team lost all three pool games in sorry fashion. Came back the next day and won the whole shooting match!

May 7, 2008
After 15 hours at ballparks this weekend, lack of sunscreen, observing good calls, bad calls, noble behavior, pathological parents, athletes with attitude, crazy coaches, amazing talent and gracious citizens, I thought, "Is there really anywhere else I want to be?" The weather was amazing. SoCalDad, I think I spotted you! You were the refreshing one...

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
Want to trade for a lightly used HS team?

Thats OK. Watched a HS team give away a game saturday in bad-news-bears fashion. Up to then they had it under control and were winning. CF fields a line drive on one hop and thinks she will throw a runner out at 3B, makes bad throw past 3B, 1 run scores. After C runs down stray balll, batter that lined it to CF is heading for 2B, C makes throw, bad, one-hops past SS on 2B who is in ready-tag position, CF not backing up and misses it ball goes to fence, and runner at 2B scores.

If the CF had only thrown to the SS for cut,or to home, runners would have held. That particular CF has given up many many extra bases and runs this yr with same foolery.

Mar 15, 2010

Thats OK. Watched a HS team give away a game saturday in bad-news-bears fashion. Up to then they had it under control and were winning. CF fields a line drive on one hop and thinks she will throw a runner out at 3B, makes bad throw past 3B, 1 run scores. After C runs down stray balll, batter that lined it to CF is heading for 2B, C makes throw, bad, one-hops past SS on 2B who is in ready-tag position, CF not backing up and misses it ball goes to fence, and runner at 2B scores.

If the CF had only thrown to the SS for cut,or to home, runners would have held. That particular CF has given up many many extra bases and runs this yr with same foolery.

Are you sure that was a HS game you were watching and not my team? Almost verbatim how we had 3 errors on 1 play. Today was better so I am considering only leasing them at this point with an option to buy. We won our first bracket game handily and then failed to come from behind in the next game due to poor base running attention. Top of 6, no outs runners on 1st and 2nd. Batter hits a floating line drive a bit to the left of second base. Runner on second doesn't check the ball and runs to 3rd (how she doesn't' see the 3rd base coach screaming back I fail to understand). Guess what? SS gloves the ball and tags 2nd. Double play. Next batter ground out to pitcher. Game over, lost 5 - 4.

Jan 15, 2009

That's why I've always contended that you can't "hide" a bad defender in the outfield. Infield errors are usually cost a single base, Outfield errors almost always cost two bags.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
That's why I've always contended that you can't "hide" a bad defender in the outfield. Infield errors are usually cost a single base, Outfield errors almost always cost two bag
s.

I a tight game, I like to have my weakest defender in IF (2B) so I can keep an eye on her.
Nothing hurts worse than a routine play getting past OF to the fence, or worse, the games played on a
field with no fence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi