For entertainment : "Stuff a DFP member might say"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The mother of the best player on my LL team took a softball bat to my car. luckily, my assistant coach was able to rig a Tazer out of my pocket radar gun and subdue her. I was going to kick the player off my team, but I need her bat in the lineup.

Apr 25, 2010
IMO, the road to FP success is simple - start 12U TB when U8, avoid daddyball like the hellow elbow, hire personal PC to get rid of LnD and implement IR, smile and nod at rec/TB/HS HCs and ACs, learn the LBR, DTS, and IFR, do cages with an HI and overload, underload, high tee, low tee, deep tee, SNF, TCBs and BP 10,000 times to myellinize the HLS or ELS so the EL'd RT, FRT or C5 does yard work at the camps, gold shows, and cattle clinics to get the college expo. IME, don't divulge DW's (or DH's) HB or HI SN, note DD's 2400 SATs, 21 top 25 serious D1s, and Mike C waiting on hold before announcing that DD's ready to verbal today for a fully pimped-out ride. M2C, FWIW. Of course, YMMV.

This gets post of the year!!! Plus, it reminded me of a scene in "Good Morning, Vietnam".

Apr 25, 2010
So, I don't understand why my daughter isn't the starting pitcher on her 14u team. I mean, sure, the coach's DD throws 62mph and strikes most kids out, but my DD works so harrrrdddd. It's just not fair. I know that girl is only starting because she's his DD. I paid the same money everyone else did. It's not my fault that my kid only practices when the team does. Besides, she's so good, she doesn't need to practice in between. It just comes naturally.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being used for my heated pole barn... ;)

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Hi Coach, let me introduce myself and offer to donate a new heated pole barn for the team to use. I don't know know how big it should be, but I don't expect that you would mind telling whoever has uniform #1 that its my DD's favorite and we'd like it dropped off clean and folded. Oh, and my lil angel thinks it would be fun to pitch and bat third on Sundays while I call pitches and coach third.

Feb 7, 2013
Having raised two DDs, the older one could have been D1 material but choose BB. I still remember the time she destroyed 3 casts because I couldn't keep her off the basketball court. The other DD pitched D2 and had an exceptional rollover drop (which by the way has exactly the same spin as the peel drop). Speaking of pitching, during the leap and drag you want to stop your forward momentum similar to what happens when you place a brick in the backseat of a moving car and slam on the brakes, the brick will fly through the front windshield...did I mention that DD#2 played D2?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
My DD won't play on her new tourney team because another DD(who has only been on the team for 5 yrs)wont give up my DD's fav jersey number. We're right,right? My DD has worn that number all her life (12u now).

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
A real post on another site:
Spin on pitches causing fielding errors
My 12U daughter pitches with a lot of spin on her balls (measuring 17-19 revs on a rev fire). If she doesn't strike out a batter, the balls are hit to the infield. The problem is when she pitches the errors quadruple. What looks like easy plays in the infield turn into errors. The ball just drops out of the gloves of the infielders. Are there any fielding drills to help this? Does this get better in older age groups? It's a real problem since her ERA is low, but runs are scored because of the multiple errors.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
We are going to change DD's legal name to something more indicative of her abilities is in preparation for her future endorsements. Her new name will be Danica Ryan Cano.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321