Folding Tee Recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Just realized I missed Drakemir's post. [MENTION=9236]FP26[/MENTION] the Tanner base does ok in the net bag?

If I go with a Tanner, is it better to get one of the short models and use a bucket for hi-tee work?

The post of the Tanner is 1" standard pipe size and threads. I bought the shorter tee, and a 1" x 10" galvanized steel pipe nipple from my local hardware store.

EDIT: ...and a 1" coupling to connect the pieces together.

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
I use the SChutt, which looks almost exactly like the picture int he original post, I like it, hole in bag, but otherwise no issues. only complaint was I was coaching younger girls, could not quite get it as low as I would like for some of them (ie 6 and 7 yr olds).

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I use Tanner tees. They're absolutely the best. They're not exactly foldable but it only takes seconds to unscrew the base from the upright. I've had 2 now for 4 years of year round , weekly TB hitting practices as well as weekly private hitting lessons. They're pricey but worth every penny.

Dec 1, 2015
Southern IL
We use a schutt fold up tee to take to games only. Last year it held up pretty good except i had to replace the top once. I can fold it up and fit into my bownet bag if i angle the legs just right. Inside and outside practices we use the tanner t. Takes alot of abuse and keeps on ticking.

Jan 6, 2014
We have a bunch of Eli's Springback Tee...doesn't fold up, but top unscrews from the base like the Tanner tees. Base is also a weight (5 pounds maybe) and also has a really good spring at the base so it will give on mishits. Rubber topper is also really high quality...I ordered 4 of them like 3-4 years ago for my team and we still use them all season and through the winter months. Never had to replace a rubber topper. They get my full endorsement!!!

Sep 17, 2009
I've been carrying around my two Tanner tees for years, never unscrewed them just tuck the bases into the cart or carry them by hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad