Fixing the lean

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ball Game

Banned
May 8, 2015
I have been standing about 5 feet to the outside part of the plate to try to help my dd stop leaning and finish across her body.

It seems to have helped her lean somewhat, Does anyone think this could be a bad thing?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
What kind of lean are you trying to fix? is it a lean towards 3rd as a RHP? Or a lean towards the catcher? I am of the opinion that the 3rd base lean is a direct cause of kids feeling the need to create space between their hand and their body as they release. Show me a leaner and I will show you a non-brusher. Some say that if you fix posture then brush happens automatically, I have found that if a kid has it in their head that they need to avoid all contact with their body then it creates a lean.

To fix it just have her do K type drills with perfect posture as the only goal and letting her arm get as close to the body as possible. Once she realizes that she can still throw with good posture and a little contact then she is on the way. The other benefit her is that from this position she has to lead with her pinky or she will whack her thigh with the ball so hard it will hurt. After a few whacks she should get the feel.

Ball Game

Banned
May 8, 2015
I posted a pic in the other thread.

Third base...and arm finishes up and away from her body

thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1