First time with 12in ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2019
Any suggestions what to work on?
She had a successful final 10u season but now the 12in ball begins
She is working hard to get ready for 12u fall ball
Thanks in advance

Feb 5, 2019
It doesn't look like she dragging her right toe on the ground after exploding off the rubber. Her glove hand is swimming big-time. /bucketdad

Feb 26, 2019
Thanks wildfire toe drag has never been an issue before
I’ll monitor it
Her PC is in the swim is ok camp since so many known pitchers swim I don’t really like to get into that debate again
Thanks for replying I love talking pitching

Apr 12, 2015

My comments are mostly in the stills. With what I highlighted what you will find as you progress is that she will get pretty good at putting the ball over the plate, but will struggle greatly with in/out and up/down adjustments. She'll be limited to two pitches: A fat strike or a ball. You'll also find her velocity tops out at probably a below average speed.

Have her do about 10,000 self-pitches at near full speed, where she catches the ball in her own glove. That will take care of the rotation problem.

For the drag, emphasize turning the laces and knee toward the catcher quickly. That will fix the hip alignment problem.

Those are the two biggest flaws that stood out to me.

Best of luck.

Sep 28, 2015
BD22,
Only basing this on experience from my DD that is 14 and is now having to get EVERYTHING cleaned up. My DD has always performed above average but getting hips, stronger, and faster is a dangerous combination if there are flaws.

So, I am agreeing with the flaws found my DND. But my solution is further upstream and I would focus on that front hip lockout on the drive (turning foot in). In order to stay stacked at release she will need to “sit” into the front side resistance with both glutes like riding a snowboard vs locking the front hip to not fall into the creek.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13