First swing of first lesson. Last swing of second lesson.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Just watched that drill today. Plan on doing it. Thanks. You are saying when her stride foot goes forward, her hands should go down? I thought you want hands to stay back until stride foot lands? Trying to get that separation.
As the stride foot goes forward you want the hands to either work back (ideal for slack removal) or at minimum be still (Body gets away from hands). During the stride you want the hitter to feel like they are working downhill, front shoulder in and down. Once the stride foot lands and the swing begins to launch, the hands should work down initially (downhill). As the the lower body ends it’s rotation and the upper body begins its rotation (good sequence) you need to see some tilt with the shoulders (Back shoulder working under/down, front shoulder working up)to allow the hands/barrel to end working down hill, get level, and begin working back uphill. Others on here have gifs and vids that can allow you to visualize this. Hope it makes sense

Jun 19, 2019

As the stride foot goes forward you want the hands to either work back (ideal for slack removal) or at minimum be still (Body gets away from hands). During the stride you want the hitter to feel like they are working downhill, front shoulder in and down. Once the stride foot lands and the swing begins to launch, the hands should work down initially (downhill). As the the lower body ends it’s rotation and the upper body begins its rotation (good sequence) you need to see some tilt with the shoulders (Back shoulder working under/down, front shoulder working up)to allow the hands/barrel to end working down hill, get level, and begin working back uphill. Others on here have gifs and vids that can allow you to visualize this. Hope it makes sense
yes. That makes great sense and we were on same page about hands just had to make sure. That’s some good stuff you explained. I took a screenshot of it. Thanks

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Judedarude

With the first hitter. She has made some improvements.

One thing she is doing at the end of the second lesson, is she starts with some knee flexion and then raises upwards. The head raises the hands raise. She raises upward in the load and then falls downward to swing.

Jun 19, 2019
Judedarude

With the first hitter. She has made some improvements.

One thing she is doing at the end of the second lesson, is she starts with some knee flexion and then raises upwards. The head raises the hands raise. She raises upward in the load and then falls downward to swing.
Yes. I definitely noticed that. That was the biggest issue to me after the last swing. . I showed her mother as well. Asked them if they could hit off tee, trying to avoid the head/body jumping up like that until next one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00