First pair of metal cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Totally agree. Old ones are in really good shape, only had to replace the insoles so far on a 2.5 year-old pair of Ringors. Her hitting coach, a former MLB player, said to fill panty hose with kitty litter and stuff it down in them to kill the odor. Haven’t tried it yet, but I think it’s worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or you can just take them out and throw them in the washing machine with Laundry detergent, a little bleach and odor destroying OxyClean like we used to do.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
For those that say to give NB a chance. How long have you had them and are they holding up well? DD prefers mids which makes this all the much harder. Im trying to convince her to to give regular spikes a go so she has more of a selection but you know how that goes with any 13yo

Emily got hers when she got on campus in August and practice started. She got her one free replacement pair per year yesterday. Of course, she's a catcher, so not many cleats will last her like the Ringors did. She says her NB are definitely lighter but no more or less comfortable than her Ringors. Our experience is that depending upon the model you buy, the sizing is different. The original Dynasty model ran 1 1/2 to 2 sizes smaller. The Dynasty 2.0 run 1/2 to 1 size smaller depending on foot width and the Bandits are right on the money to 1/2 size small. The Bandits are the lightest and the original Dynasty is no longer offered.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
For those that say to give NB a chance. How long have you had them and are they holding up well? DD prefers mids which makes this all the much harder. Im trying to convince her to to give regular spikes a go so she has more of a selection but you know how that goes with any 13yo

DD has had her latest pair of NB about a year. No tears or toe/sole seperation or excessive wear. Spikes have just about worn down.

Her $95 mizunos split seams rather quickly.

Havent tried ringors. They look like they are built like tanks. They look clunky and chunky and not very breathable. They may be great cleats.

New Balance knows how to make athletic shoes.

Oct 21, 2016
First year 14U DD and just went through this, but her and her feet won't stop growing. She has huge feet/hands which can be a challenge, and she grew 4 inches in the last 4 months. Bought her 9.5 Nike Men's for cheap in fall because I feared she would grow again. She wore them for 3 outdoor tournaments and then we moved indoors here in the wet PNW. First practice outside this week and they are too small, of course. Couldn't find any metal cleats at Nike store so she ended up with Under Armour Men's 10.5. Maybe once she is done growing we can think about $100 cleats, but not when she out grows them in 4 month.

Jul 10, 2011
When your kid’s home to 1B time is measured with a calendar, does it really matter if the shoes are 5.9 oz heavier per foot? Lefty slappers might want that lighter foot, but a catcher might want a pair of cleats that lasts more than 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny. My daughter is a catcher. Never been clocked with a calendar either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414