Finch's Last Series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 5, 2010
As a field trip of sorts we took the girls to see the Bandits and Jenny Finch last weekend. What a day it turned out to be.
We arrived early to see batting practice in which all of the girls were able to collect a balls that were hit out including several by Finch.

We were also able to see several of the pitchers warming up including Monica Abbott, Eileen Canney, Nikki Nemitz, and Kristina Thorson. Only one pitcher did wrist snaps so I think its safe to say that BH is on the right track as well. This was my first time seeing 60+ moving balls up close. Because the warm-up area is right on the first base line we were only 5 or 6 feet away. FYI Monica does slide her foot forward and although her heal is about an inch off the rubber, it rarely goes past the edge.

After the game, the women come out to the first base line and sign autographs. This is where the balls come in. Each girl has a ball that is signed by any and all players including Finch who made a point to stay as long as it took to get to everyone.

As if that were not enough we ran into Mrs. Finch in the parking lot. She took the time for pictures in the lot as well. Talk about a CLASS ACT. The smile never left her face and she could not have been any nicer. It would have been nice to see her pitch, but the impression that she made with the girls made up for that

Anyone who has not been to a womans pro game is really missing out. Where can you go for ten dollars and have that kind of fun.

Attachments

• Chicago Bandits A&#.jpg
    Chicago Bandits A&#.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 59
Jan 20, 2010
Took some girls from my team there as well.....what a great experience for the girls to see.....Hot as all get out on Sunday, but great day....All the girls got balls and all got several autographs.....Only if baseball had the same thought process.....It is a shame...

Aug 16, 2010
We have tickets to this Sunday afternoon championship series finals in Sulphur, LA. Billed as "Jennie's last game." Bringing DDs - can't wait.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish