Finally...I Witnessed DD Going Deep

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 10, 2015
Shameless Brag is right, cause this is going to be WAYYY over the top. I have always worked A LOT. My wife was laid off about 6 years ago, and we decided that our family would benefit more if she stayed home. I have had to pick up the slack by working more, which has led to my missing quite a bit of softball over the last three years. DD and I have worked tirelessly at improving her swing and approach at the plate, and this year, all of her hard work is starting to pay off. She turned 12 in March, caught a growth spurt, and has started hammering the ball. 2 weeks before her 12th birthday, she hit her first homer. I was at work. I cried like a baby (it was quite embarrassing really, but that was just how I responded). 2 weeks later, again at work, my wife sends me a video of her hitting her second dinger. I'd had enough. So, for the past 2 months, I have burned through some vacation (some wasted due to rain), gone 36 to 48 hours with only a few hours of sleep (I work night shifts sometimes), and have sat through countless games just waiting to see her hit one out in person. It just wouldn't happen. Well...yesterday morning, I left straight from work, drove an hour to where she would be playing, slept for 2 hours in the parking lot, all so I could watch her play. My DD rewarded me on this day. 2 videos below. The first is her throwing out a would be base stealer. She had an amazing day behind the plate. Threw out 5-7 girls who attempted to steal. She picked off 2 girls at first and 3 at third. Then, the icing on the cake, she hit homer #3. Turn the volume up on the homerun video. What you'll hear is Pure Joy from a 35 year old man. I am on CLOUD 9, and have bored the heck out of everyone at work for the last 12 hours. Enjoy!!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8iwjG6QC8tGU2UzQ0ZVaE50RXM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8iwjG6QC8tGYzgxaXNlazhnalU

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Congratulations! If she is hitting home runs that often, you will be seeing a lot more in the future!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207