Finally a win..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD's MS team has been playing for a few weeks now and has not won a regular game yet - her team consists of majority rec level players and we play against majority TB players. Her team also normally starts more 6th graders than the rest of the league (DD being one of them) - they look tiny compared to the other teams we play.

This past weekend we finally got a tie and a win. (They do double-headers)

DD plays SS and made a few good plays and just missed on a few others..

After the games, the coach talked about 3 players - good pitching to our pitchers and then mentioned that DD did well also. DH was surprised since DD was kind of disappointed that she wasn't able to get more outs. DD has confidence issues so it was nice to get a little shout-out ;)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
MS in area is so unbalanced.

Some are 100 travel, some just try to field a Team.

We are in the middle.

DD is standing on the base, their fielders were still bigger then her. :)

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
I'm short myself but it's funny when some of these girls are taller than DH as well. When the catcher on her knees is taller than DD who is up to bat...sometimes it's a bit outmatched ;)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am not sure there is an anwser, last year we lost because they had by far the best player field.

Lost by 1, but a single player beat us.

(Got tired of her hitting the fence, put is over dang it)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
we are the 100% travel, against school barely putting team on the field. I don't like how that works, only wish a way to even it out.

I think our team is decent for majority rec - it's just a different level of competition. (For most of our girls, All-Stars is the only real comp they see)
Not saying it's great to continue to lose but it is great for learning (at least for DD - who will get another 2 years of exp).

DD's rec team won pretty easily in their first game - but just the level of comp isn't always as high so I don't think she's learning as much. She's playing up - so it should be interesting to see some of the other rec teams out there and how they compare to MS.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs