Fiana Finau...what do you think?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
WOW! Just like a couple of my girls! Elbow leading the hands.... Except they never hit a home run... Also rarely get a hit. This reminds me of a slowpitch swing. Not saying she should change with those stats but it does.

IMO it's no so much that the elbow leads the hands (look at Ted Williams clips sometime) and even that is debatable from this angle. The "V" between her forearm and bicep widens before launch...tons to like in this swing...I would just look to tighten up the rear arm "V" first...CP

Apr 2, 2013
WOW! Just like a couple of my girls! Elbow leading the hands.... Except they never hit a home run... Also rarely get a hit. This reminds me of a slowpitch swing. Not saying she should change with those stats but it does.

In my eyes, her elbow only leads the hands while the bat turns...the elbow does not lead the hands through the plane of the ball or at contact. Not an expert- just what I see.
finau difference.jpg

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
In my eyes, her elbow only leads the hands while the bat turns...the elbow does not lead the hands through the plane of the ball or at contact. Not an expert- just what I see.
View attachment 10670

1zo7syf.gif

I'm leaning more towards a 'stalled rear elbow' hitting. Compensation for the dropping off the hands that this hitter seems to have.

Added: I like her swing and the results.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez