Fiana Finau...what do you think?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
2wq7695.gif

1zo7syf.gif

Rear arm dominate. Motor cycle 'throttle' comes to my mind.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Provides leverage ... i.e., results in the amplification of an input force to provide a greater output force.

Is that not an arm bar? Just seems like she would lose adjustment against better pitching. I could be way off base. Obvioisy she has plenty of power to hit the long ball but it isn't the mechanics I'd teach to my dd. Thanks for the reply.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Not 'arm bar'. 'Arm bar' would be the full extension of the lead-arm prior to 'swing launch'.

Unless a hitter is fooled by an inside pitch, the angle of the lead-arm should remain constant, or increase, from 'swing launch' to 'impact'.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Is that not an arm bar? Just seems like she would lose adjustment against better pitching. I could be way off base. Obvioisy she has plenty of power to hit the long ball but it isn't the mechanics I'd teach to my dd. Thanks for the reply.

hitting-websites-baseballswingmechanics-armbar.jpg

Not 'arm bar'. 'Arm bar' would be the full extension of the lead-arm prior to 'swing launch'.

What about the front arm extending prior to contact?
That could be considered as 'cast'/'casting'(hands). Not saying this college hitter. Just a reason for 'extended arms prior to contact'.
Example:
WillMyers_061913_side.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA