Feedback to DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2020
Good! 1B is a little tougher than people realize. My DD loves playing right field and is willing to eat a few innings as an emergency pitcher, but is too valuable as a 1B to put elsewhere in the field. She sold two outs at 1B last night on close plays because she is so fluid. One the ball bounced on the dirt about 6" in front of her glove and right into her glove.... the batter/runner reached 1B when the ball bounced, umpire was behind my DD and gave her the out.

She also executed my favorite double play: 6-3-5 with runner on 2nd.

That is great DP. Lot of moving parts on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Day of the game.. "I saw you working real hard today in a tough situation, I'm proud of you and your effort. lets get an acai bowl!" (the actual words always change, but the sentiment is the same... focus on something positive)

When things simmer down and the emotion has passed, next time we are working softball together, I don't talk about what needs to be worked on, just make it the focus (or one of the points of focus) for the days work!

During the additional work, sometimes it comes to discussing why the particular focus... I try never to point out the individual bad plays, more point out the technique or approach problem that created the issue.

Keep it simple!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad