feedback 10yo swing/slap/bunt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2008
SE Michigan
Jaci looks athletic and I'm guessing is pretty fast so switching to LH with slap skills should be worth the effort.

Full swing - Work first on keeping back knee more stable so she gets more back hip/leg coil with no/less sway.

Slap - Work first on footwork needed to keep hips/shoulders from opening up before launch as much as possible...she is rotating both her back step foot and her cross foot towards the P...she needs to keep them pointed left of P to help stay more closed. It will also help a lot if she shortens the length of her cross step for the same reason and launch with some weight still on her right foot..."both feet on the ground" cue

Drag bunt - Work first on making contact at the last 3 inches of the bat to help control distance and work on not pushing bat into ball but rather "catching" with soft hand and elbows.

Mar 3, 2011
GA
Jaci looks athletic and I'm guessing is pretty fast so switching to LH with slap skills should be worth the effort.

Full swing - Work first on keeping back knee more stable so she gets more back hip/leg coil with no/less sway.

Slap - Work first on footwork needed to keep hips/shoulders from opening up before launch as much as possible...she is rotating both her back step foot and her cross foot towards the P...she needs to keep them pointed left of P to help stay more closed. It will also help a lot if she shortens the length of her cross step for the same reason and launch with some weight still on her right foot..."both feet on the ground" cue

Drag bunt - Work first on making contact at the last 3 inches of the bat to help control distance and work on not pushing bat into ball but rather "catching" with soft hand and elbows.

Thank you very much!!!

Biggest things I saw were:

Swing...as was pointed out her swing is a sway from back to front look how far forward all her weight is after swinging she should actually be falling back onto her left foot not falling forward. Her hands look pretty good just work on feet for now.

I am not a slapping expert so I am not commenting

Bunt...biggest things are she needs to understand their are different type of bunts if it is going to be a running poke or drag she needs to get moving and directionally push the ball to 3B or 1B. If it is more of a normal bunt she needs to set her feet and deaden the ball alot then take off....it seems right now she is kinda in between the two. Either way my two biggest take away are 1) she is not deadening it enough you can see the balls are going too far no matter what she is trying to do 2) she needs to have better discipline I know it is just practice but she needs to only bunt at strikes she can't get in the habit of bunting those high pitches especially since that is what see is likely to see for the first couple pitches in an at bat because the pitcher wants to include a pop up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand