Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Grocery stores sell food. People need food to live. Home improvement stores sell stuff to fix things in your house like burst pipes and other stuff to keep the roof over your head. Places like Walmart and Target get to stay open because they sell food..... sporting goods aren’t needed to stay alive or provide shelter which is why they weren’t deemed essential.
Big 5 is open in calif.
Guns and amo?

Feb 20, 2020
Boston
Proving my point. How hard is it for you to accept that we both would possibly be spreading the virus, not one more than the other. And that also it is my constitutional right not wear one, as it is also your constitutional right to wear one. Unless we are all walking around in hazmat suits, that there are other parts of the body still exposed to catch and transmit the virus.
I wish people would stop using the constitutional right argument. This is literally a once In a lifetime occurrence. There are laws making sure people wear pants in public. What’s the difference if they ask you for a mask for a short time. It’s not like they are saying for the rest of your lives or that it’s low. But at this moment. Yes. Everyone should have one on in public

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Sad to say, but here are the facts. Covid-19 is an airborne pathogen. It can spread just by breathing if someone is infected. Cloth and surgical masks are for diseases that pass by direct contact through aerosolized particles i.e. coughing or sneezing. They will do very little to stop the spread of an airborne contagion. Recent studies have even shown that Covid-19 may also spread by passing gas. Other recent studies have suggested that even wearing a cloth or surgical mask, the virus can spread and travel up to 30 feet. There was a television news story on this Sunday morning on one of the networks but it only made it through one news cycle, early in the morning, then disappeared. I wonder why [sarcasm] The only effective mask to stop any airborne pathogen is a non-valved N-95 mask. It also has to be fitted properly and airtight to be 100% effective.

Conjecture: The Medical Professionals that are advising our politicians already know these facts and have apprised the politicians about them. However, for the politicians, it's all about optics.
They feel like they have to look like they're doing something and in doing so, the general population will feel like they are doing their part in mitigating the spread of this virus as well as feel safer around others. In reality, it will do little to nothing.

Lesson here is the nanny government can't save us. It's up to the individual to self educate
That basing my decisions on a science experiment proposed by a guy named ian on the internet is a bad idea? ;)

You are correct. Yet, my proposed experiment would have given you the same answer as listening to CDC on face masks. You're welcome.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Grocery stores sell food. People need food to live. Home improvement stores sell stuff to fix things in your house like burst pipes and other stuff to keep the roof over your head. Places like Walmart and Target get to stay open because they sell food..... sporting goods aren’t needed to stay alive or provide shelter which is why they weren’t deemed essential.
What I am saying is that if it were really so dangerous that I can't walk on a trail (with maybe 100 hikers a day that aren't really touching anything besides the dirt under their feet) then it must be WAY WAY WAY to dangerous to enter a grocery store with 150 to 200 per hour with their hands all over everything.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I wish people would stop using the constitutional right argument. This is literally a once In a lifetime occurrence. There are laws making sure people wear pants in public. What’s the difference if they ask you for a mask for a short time. It’s not like they are saying for the rest of your lives or that it’s low. But at this moment. Yes. Everyone should have one on in public
In SF you have to wear a mask... pants optional.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Why? Because it makes you FEEL safe.

Oct 2, 2017
I'm sure you have exercised your right to not wear one with no issues for the 24-50000 deaths due to flu between. Oct.2019 to April 2020. And the millions infected with it in that same period. You could ha e easily been a spreader of that virus,but I bet you didn't bat an eye about wearing ppe during that. Guess what those stats are every year. It's multiple chance in a lifetime to be protected then. I know thought this virus is way more contagious etc. The flu virus has a vaccine etc. Etc. Death is death.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Lesson here is the nanny government can't save us. It's up to the individual to self educate

You are correct. Yet, my proposed experiment would have given you the same answer as listening to CDC on face masks. You're welcome.

Actually, I've worked in a hospital environment for years. Every year we got fit-tested for the N-95 and sat through a 2-day infectious disease class. The infectious disease control officer for the hospital is very smart as well as personable. She's been clamoring for 20+ years that if a true pandemic ever hit, the American health system is woefully unprepared and the hospitals themselves, completely inadequate.

The very real and very scary part is, she doesn't believe this is a true pandemic. Anything that comes along with a high mortality rate, and no, this will not be that as opposed to something like Ebola Zaire, we are totally screwed.

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
It's been a long time since I read it but I think it was an outside group. But it could just as easily be someone from the inside. The specifics of who did it in the book don't matter.

You need an agent that can be transmitted through touch or through the air. You unleash it into the A/C system at a major trade show that draws people from all over the country, and into public transportation systems. Then you sit back and wait. People at the trade show get on airplanes and spread it to everyone on there, who spread it to their communities.

Clancy was really good at coming up with plots that are very plausible. In Debt of Honor he described people hijacking jets and crashing them into government buildings years before 9/11. He had another book that talked about sneaking a nuke into the U.S. You want to know what to worry about for the future? Read Clancy.

Maybe the terrorists are reading his books and getting ideas! Or he is a future teller. Or coincidence repeated over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06