Fastest Pitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
Based on everyone's experience, what do you think ends up being most pitcher's fastest pitch?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Personally speaking DD's screwball ( LHP ) will come in 2-3 mph faster than any other pitch she has, including the FB. Not sure how or why, but it does and has for many years. I've called on it many a time when a batter is fouling straight back to the backstop. That lets me know the pitch is timed and the batter is just not getting a good piece. I either call the off speed to go slower, or the screw to go faster, depends on the situation.

But I'd guess the peel drop or fastball should be the fastest.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Do you want the fastest pitch a pitcher can throw with no batter and just a radar gun, or the fastest pitch she throws during a pitch sequence to a batter, because the answers may not be the same. The fastest pitch will usually be dictated by the pitchers natural motion. A pitcher with a 'natural' screwball release will typically not pickup extra speed when she throws a curveball. My DD probably throws her riseball harder than the other pitches because it is the one pitch where she will 'come out of her shoes' when she throws it, while she tends to be more concerned with her mechanics on all of her other pitches.

Jan 27, 2010
Goingdeep, I am speaking of personal fastest pitch. Jad, the fastest a pitcher can throw in any situation.

Apr 25, 2010
No, it is not a screwball. She does not throw a screwball or a curveball. She just throws her regular drop but applies more pressure to certain fingers to make it move in or out while it is moving down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan